What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is one of the main types of digital marketing in which valuable and relevant contents including blog, post, video, animation, podcast, poll, image, etc. are produced and shared on the web in order to increase companies’ audience and prospects.
What do content marketers do?
Content marketers are responsible for creating and uploading useful, relevant, and updated content to promote brand awareness and generate leads.
What skills do you need to be a content marketer?
It’s highly essential for a content marketer to be able to:
- plan the goals
- plan the process of content marketing from A to Z
- be expertise in web searching and data gathering skills
- produce valuable & targeted content
- edit & promote content
- have a deep understanding of SEO & updated SEO Marketing Stats (link to the article of SEO marketing stats)
- analyze date
- share data in company’s website and social platforms, technically on the best time
- update the shared content on a regular basis
Why Is Content Marketing Important in 2022?
Content marketing is BOOMING!
Almost all digital marketers are aware of the importance of content marketing 2022. Ignoring it is equalized losing marketing success!
The advantages of content marketing mentioned below may not appear immediately but you will achieve them finally unless you aren’t aware of new content marketing stats and still apply outdated content marketing strategies.
- More website/social platform traffic
- Higher SERP rankings on search engines
- More website/social media viewers/followers
- Raise brand awareness
- Generate more industry authority
- Generate more qualified leads
- More customer retention rate
- Build trust
- Sales improvement
- Keeping marketing costs down
- Saving more money
Now it’s time to list a very complete list of content marketing statistics 2022. If you pay enough attention to these stats, your content marketing success will be improved significantly in 2023.
The mentioned content marketing stats are classified into 5 main parts helping you to find relevant data quickly. Keep in mind that content marketing is the umbrella term under which video, audio, blog, and Social Media marketing rest.
Click on any of the below 2022 statistics you like to see them fully.
- Content Marketing Worth stats
- Video Content Marketing stats
- Audio Content Marketing Statistics
- Blog Content Marketing Stats
- Social Media Content Marketing Stats
Let’s enter upon!
Content Marketing Worth Stats
1. Content marketing revenue worldwide from 2018 to 2026 – is content marketing on the rise?
Statista Research Department published the global content marketing revenue from 2018 to 2026 on Mar 18, 2022.
It shows a continuous boost from 2018 to 2026, starting from US $ 42.2 billion in 2018, estimated to end in US $ 137.2 on 2026!
2. How big is the content marketing industry 2022?
The global content marketing market size is estimated to be worth USD 407300 million in 2022.
3. How many marketers are using content marketing?
According to HubSpot, approximately 82% of marketers benefit from content marketing.
4. Which one do marketers use more: documented content marketing strategy or non-documented?
Based on the 13th Annual Content Marketing Survey, as of July, most marketers (40%) use documented content marketing strategy and 33% of them apply non documented content marketing strategy.
20% of them have planned to use a strategy within the next 12 months and 7% of them still have no plan!
5. How do you measure the success of content marketing?
It’s interesting to know that over 60% of marketers measure their content marketing success through the total sales followed by web traffic. Some other metrics in this regard are mentioned below:
- Number of social platforms’ followers
- Social Media engagement
- CTR & impressions
- Backlinks & sharing
- Bounce rate
- Keyword ranking
Video Content Marketing stats
6. What is the best form of content marketing?
Video content is 1200% more successful than other contents including text and images (LearnHub).
Around 85% of marketers know video as an effective strategy for attracting attention.
7. What percentage of internet traffic is video? What percentages of people watch videos?
Over 84% of consumer internet traffic is on video!
Over 92% of the worldwide population use digital video every week
What percentages of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it?
Around 50% of internet users!
8. What is video retention rate?
Around 95% of the data you share in videos retain in customers’ minds!
9. Is mobile video consumption increasing?
Yes, with an increasingly incredible speed! It has improved 100% since last year.
10. Connected TV advertising statistics for 2023
Connected TV Advertising (CTV AD) spend is estimated to go up from US $ 18.89B in 2022 to US $ 23.9B in 2023.
11. Which is the leading video sharing platform in 2022?
12. What is the best platform for video marketing?
A survey done by Statista in December 2021 showed that YouTube is the most used video platform for marketing followed by Facebook and TikTok.
How many users are there on YouTube 2022?
In 2022, YouTube had over 2.5 billion users!
How many people watch a YouTube video a day 2022?
Around 122 million users!
How many videos watched on YouTube per day?
Over 5 billion per day!
Is YouTube famous among US & UK adults in 2022?
83% of the US adults as well as 79% of UK adults use YouTube for video watching when connected to the internet.
13. Do videos with captions do better 2022?
40% more views is the result of adding captions to videos! Videos’ viewers are 80% more likely to watch the video till the end when the video has captions.
14. What is the average audience retention rate for video 2022?
On average, 37% of videos keep the viewer to the end. However 16% of people stop watching a video because they believe it is boring!
Remember to keep your video appealing, creative, high-quality, and relevant to the goal.
15. What is a good percentage for audience retention?
Audience retention rate higher than 50% means that you probably did a good job, Wilson says.
And it continues that if goes up to 70%, shows that you were very successful in this regard.
16. Do landing pages with video convert better?
Conversions increase at least 80% if video is uploaded on a landing page.
17. What is the ROI of video marketing?
Around 68% of marketers claim the ROI of a video is better than the ROI of Google Ads, says Biteable.
Almost 88% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of video.
Also, YouTube has a better ROI for video than Facebook and Instagram.
18. Does video improve customer services?
More attention should be paid to video-based customer service.
41% of respondents to a survey said videos caused their support calls to become less!
19. How long should marketing videos be?
The ideal video length depends directly on the platform you are sharing the video in. But, as a rule of thumb, we recommend you to keep videos as long as two minutes or less.
Audio Content Marketing Statistics
20. How effective is audio marketing in 2022?
Various types of audio content including podcast, audio-books, and audio articles have become famous in recent years.
The following audio content consumption stats show how important it is:
- On average, each US adult spent 1 hour 34 minutes per day to listening to online audio in 2021.
- Smartphone subscriptions grew to 6.3 billion (71% improvement) from 2017 to 2021 worldwide. Moreover, headphone sales rose to 1.3 billion (51% growth) from 2016 to 2021.
- In 2022, approximately 35% of +12 years old in the USA have smart speakers.
21. How much is the daily digital audio consumption in the US 2022?
In 2022, US people spent 1 hour 37 minutes listening to digital audio which was 1:14, 1:22, 1:29, and 1:34 respectively from 2018 to 2021.
An increase is seen in daily digital audio consumption of US people but this improvement becomes slower as the time goes on, can be seen in the chart below.
22. What is the most popular audio content type 2022?
Today, PODCASTS are booming! Podcasting worth it!
As of June 2022, Apple Podcasts have + 67.4 M episodes.
There are +383.7 M podcast listeners worldwide and it’s predicted that it will be increased to +424 M till the end of 2022!
23. How much is the podcasting industry worth 2022?
Sitting around $20.32 billion in 2022, the global podcasting market worthed $15.62 billion in 2021.
24. Where most podcast listeners are from in 2022?
US! It’s predicted that till the end of 2022, the US will have around 100 M active podcast listeners!
Half of them are aged between 12-34 years old, 43% are between 35-54, and people older than 55 years are the third group (22%).
What percentage of podcast listeners are female and male in the US? 51% of them are male and 46% female.
25. What is the ethnicity of podcast listeners?
Based on the chart below released by The Infinite Dial 2021, though the podcast consumption of white people has decreased from 2011 to 2021, still they make the largest group of podcast listeners among all ethnicities.
The exact percentage in 2021 is as follows and the change in 2011, 2016, and 2021 is shown in the chart below.
- White: 57%
- African-American: 13%
- Hispanic: 16%
- Asian: 4%
- Others: 10%
26. Where are podcasts listened to the most?
As investigated in Edison Research, most global podcast consumers use smartphones for podcast listening, equal to 65%. Afterwards, computers are their second choice and 25% of them use PCs for this purpose. Finally smart speakers have attracted only 10% of the users in 2022.
27. What are the most popular topics for podcasts?
News & Information followed by Music, and Comedy & Humor are the first 3rd famous topics of podcast. The 10 first topics can be seen below.
28. Digital audio advertising market
29. What percentages of marketers have invested in audio chat rooms?
According to HubSpot, just 16% of digital marketers say they’ve invested in audio chat rooms like Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces in 2021.
Blog Content Marketing Stats
30. Is blogging considered content marketing?
Blogging is another famous type of content marketing’s strategies used by millions of companies across the world.
HubSpot claimed that for around 90% of companies, blogging is the third-used strategy after video and e-books.
Moreover, HubSpot mentioned that approximately 56% of digital marketers who use blogging believe that it’s helpful and even 10% of them say the biggest ROI is related to blogging!
54% of CEOs & decision makers spend over 1 hour per week reading and reviewing the content produced by bloggers (Edelman/LinkedIn 2021).
31. How many blogs are there in the world 2022?
32. What is the best CMS 2022?
CMS market share shows that WordPress is still the most famous in 2022.
How much of the web is WordPress 2022?
In 2022, “WordPress is used by 65.2% of all websites using a CMS”, says HubSpot.
33. What makes the blog content valuable to the audiences?
Almost all bloggers know “Content’s Quality” as the first significant factor in success of blogs, says GrowthBadger.
The blogger’s income influences his/her attention to the quality of content.
How many words should blog articles be 2022?
Longer articles with at least 3000 words do better.
34. How many keywords should I use in an article 2022?
In 2022, 3 to 8 keywords per article seem good. These keywords include all primary, secondary, and additional keywords.
Some other experts advise using 1 keyword for every 100 words.
However there is no strict rule in this regard and these recommendations are based on the experiences of experts.
Where should keywords be placed?
Take account of using keywords in Meta Descriptions, Meta Title Tags, and URLs.
The article’s title, headers, Alt-Image Tags, and first and last paragraphs are recommended to be filled with relevant keywords.
35. How long do bloggers spend writing a blog post in 2022?
The significant increase of the time bloggers invest to write content for websites shows that bloggers are more aware of the importance of blog content marketing.
In 2022, they spend 4 hours & 10 minutes on average to write an article which has increased 74% compared with 2014!
Better than before, they know that contents’ relevancy, accuracy, readability, creativity, and transparency are not the goals achievable in a short time!
36. How many articles are published every day on the web 2022?
Shocking to know that every day in 2022, approximately 7 million articles are published on the web worldwide.
How many articles should I post on my blog 2022?
There is no strict rule, as it all depends on many factors like your business plan, industry, audience, revenue, etc. For instance, BBC & CNN are in need of daily news and articles while exporting companies are not forced to update their websites every day.
As a rule of thumb, you must upload a minimum of 3 articles per week.
37. What are the most popular blog formats?
How-to and list posts are the 2 most famous types of articles for websites because the first one gets more organic traffic as most people are in search of tutorials and the latter is easy-to-scan and more readable.
However, the survey done by Statista in 2019 showed the below content formats as the most famous ones.
38. How many images should an article have in 2022?
It’s good to add 1 photo to a blog post for every 150-300 words.
However, the majority of bloggers add around two to three images per blog post according to Orbit Media.
39. What percentages of bloggers edit their blog contents?
In 2022, more than half of bloggers (54%) ask others to check and edit their blog contents. While 46% of bloggers edit their contents themselves.
40. What are the most common complaints about content of blogs 2022?
- Using too many unnecessary words for explanation
- Low quality & poorly written
- Poor designs & visual content
41. Does page load time really affect bounce rate?
If it takes over 5 seconds for your blog content to be loaded, you will see more than 90% bounce rates, says Google.
Social Media Content Marketing Stats
42. Is social media marketing worth it 2022?
Of course it is! Not only Social Channels increase your brand awareness and generate leads for you, but also they can improve your company’s website traffic.
From 2021 to 2022, Social Media users enhanced 10%! Almost 58.4% of the people use Social Networks in 2022 worldwide! The growth in the number of Social Media users is demonstrated in the chart below from 2017 to 2027.
43. What is the best content distribution channel for marketing? Which social media is most effective for marketing?
As mentioned in HubSpot, Facebook is the best Social Media for sharing business content to market and present company’s products/services.
Let’s take a look at some whooping stats about Facebook in 2022:
As of July 2022,
- Daily number of Facebook users: 2.934 billion
- Number of US Facebook users: 193.9 Million
- Size of Facebook’s global AD audience: 2.168 billion
- Average time spent on Facebook per month: 19.5 hours
- Number of SMEs using Facebook worldwide: over 200 M
- Percentage of US marketers love Facebook: 86%
- Percentage of products’ discovery via Facebook in US: 78%
- Monthly active users of Facebook improved 6.2% from 2021 to 2022
44. What other social media are used most for marketing after Facebook 2022?
After Facebook, other Social Networks like YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and Snapchat are the top means for marketing purposes.
However, as mentioned in the previous question, Facebook is the most used one in 2022.
The chart below also shows the total number of monthly users of the 3 top world Social Platforms.
45. What is the fastest growing social media platform 2022?
In 2022, TikTok experienced the largest improvement in scheduled new platform investment for brands, equal to 84%.
46. What are the contents of social media?
Any text and caption, image, video, chart, animation, link, poll, etc.
- How long should captions in social media’s posts and the content of tweets be 2022?
- Facebook: 2,20 characters (maximum)
- YouTube: 5,000 characters (maximum)
- Instagram: 2,200 characters (maximum)
- LinkedIn: 3,000 characters (maximum)
- Twitter: 280 characters (maximum)
- TikTok: 2,200 characters (maximum) – new increase (from 300 to 2,200)!
- Snapchat: 80 characters (maximum)
47. Should captions be long or short? Are shorter captions better?
Deciding whether to use long or short captions depends on many factors including the post’s purpose, type (video, image, text, etc.), and the Social Media you want to publish the post in.
If we ignore other factors like the post’s purpose, the ideal and best captions length in Social Media are as follow:
- Ideal Facebook post length 2022: 40 to 80 characters
- Best YouTube description length 2022: approximately 259 characters
- Best Instagram caption length 2022: 138 to 150 characters
- Ideal LinkedIn post length 2022: 1900 to 2000 words
- Best tweet length 2022: 71 to 100 characters
- Best TikTok caption length: 4 to 60 characters
- Ideal Snapchat video caption length: 50 characters
48. Are keywords important in social media’s posts in 2022?
Yes, use relevant keywords in your posts’ captions to help Social Networks better find your targeted audience and show your post to them more than others.
Do hashtags increase engagement on Social Media?
Yes, but the influence is different in various Social Networking Channels and also it changes based on new algorithms of Social Media.
In 2022, adding hashtags to tweets can increase the engagement 100%! That’s why over 125M hashtags are used in Twitter every day.
Instagram engagement rate improves 29% only by one hashtag!
Videos on YouTube get 26% more views if they have hashtags.
49. What is the best number of hashtags on top content marketing Social Media?
- Facebook: 2 to 3
- YouTube: 3 to 5
- Instagram: 3 to 5
- LinkedIn: 3
- Twitter: 2
- TikTok: 3 to 4
50. What are the video duration and video size limits of various top Social Channels in 2022?
- Facebook: 241 min. long & 4GB size (maximum)
- YouTube: 12 hours long & 128GB size for verified accounts. Just 15 min. for unverified accounts
- Instagram: 10 min. long & 650MB size (maximum)
- LinkedIn: 15 min. long when uploaded from desktop & 10 min. long when uploaded from mobile (maximum) & 5GB size (maximum)
- Twitter: 2 min. and 30 seconds long & 512MB size (maximum)
- TikTok: 10 min. long & 72MG long for Android/4 times larger is allowed for IOS (maximum)
- Snapchat: 10 seconds long & 32MB size (maximum)
51. What types of content perform best on social media?
User-Generated Content (UGC)
It is the data published on Social Media by the users of a service or the consumers of a product. It can be a photo, video, testimonial, poll responses, comment, podcast, etc.
What is the best type of post on Social Media to keep the followers interested? (Video, image, text-only, poll, etc.)
Marketing teams say that their best posts on Social Media include images.
It’s astonishing that re-tweeting increases 150% in tweets with images!
Do polls increase engagement?
Polls encourage the followers to click and choose their answers. So it increases the number of clicks and engagements. Then your post will be shown to more audiences and it leads to grabbing more followers.
Content marketing Report 2023
A content marketing report is a document that provides an overview of the performance and effectiveness of your content marketing efforts. It typically includes data and insights on various metrics, such as audience engagement, content reach, website traffic, conversions, and more. Here are two key elements to include in a content marketing report:
- Performance Metrics: Start by showcasing the key performance metrics that demonstrate the impact of your content marketing efforts. This may include metrics like website traffic, social media engagement, email open rates, conversion rates, and other relevant metrics based on your goals. Present this data in a clear and concise format, using charts or graphs to visualize trends and patterns.
- Analysis and Recommendations: After presenting the metrics, provide an analysis of the data to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement. Discuss the performance of specific content pieces, channels, or campaigns, and highlight any noteworthy findings. Based on the analysis, offer actionable recommendations for optimizing future content strategies and improving results. These recommendations could include adjustments to content topics, formats, distribution channels, or targeting strategies.
Remember to tailor your content marketing report to the specific goals and objectives of your business. The report should provide valuable insights to stakeholders, helping them understand the impact and effectiveness of your content marketing efforts while providing guidance for future decision-making.
Future of content marketing
The future of content marketing is filled with exciting possibilities and trends that are shaping the way businesses connect with their target audiences. Here are two key aspects to consider when thinking about the future of content marketing:
- Personalization: Personalized content is becoming increasingly important as consumers expect tailored experiences. The future of content marketing lies in creating hyper-targeted and relevant content that speaks directly to individual needs and preferences. Leveraging data and technology, businesses can gather insights on their audience’s behaviors, interests, and demographics to deliver personalized content at scale. This can include personalized email campaigns, dynamic website content, customized product recommendations, and interactive content experiences.
- Interactive and Immersive Content: As attention spans shorten, interactive and immersive content formats are gaining popularity. The future of content marketing will see more use of interactive elements like quizzes, polls, assessments, calculators, and interactive videos to engage and captivate audiences. Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) experiences are also emerging as powerful tools to create immersive brand experiences. These interactive and immersive content formats allow businesses to provide a more engaging and memorable experience, increasing brand awareness and driving deeper customer engagement.
In summary, the future of content marketing lies in personalization and the use of interactive and immersive content formats. By delivering tailored experiences and captivating audiences through interactive content, businesses can effectively connect with their target customers and stay ahead in the evolving digital landscape.