In the speed era, it is very important to be able to keep up with your competitors in the market, while also keeping up the quality. That is hard to do since it has been proven that companies tend to sacrifice quality for more production, or when they decide to increase the quality, they waste a lot of time in the process. That is when Six Sigma comes in as the savior. Many people get Six Sigma courses to help companies to solve their problems in the process of production.
While you cannot directly obtain Six Sigma certification through LinkedIn, the platform does offer various Six Sigma courses and learning materials through LinkedIn Learning. These courses, created by industry experts, can help you prepare for a Six Sigma certification exam conducted by accredited organizations, such as ASQ, IASSC, or others. To become certified, you'll need to complete the required training and pass the relevant certification exam from an authorized provider outside of LinkedIn.
Adding Six Sigma certification to our LinkedIn
You can pass these courses and earn your certification on many different online learning websites. So, can you get Six Sigma certification through LinkedIn? Yes, it is possible. You can also earn different Six Sigma belts in LinkedIn Learning.
How to add Six Sigma certification to LinkedIn?
Six Sigma certification is just like other licenses and certificates, like AWS certification. The steps are just like adding google analytics certification to your LinkedIn and like adding other licenses.
- Open your LinkedIn profile.
- Click on the “Me” icon in the right corner of your account.
- Click on the “view profile” in the dropdown.
- If you have already added certifications to your profile, scroll down and click on add a certificate. And now fill in the information on the opened box
- If you never added any certifications to your profile, click on add profile section
- In the opened box open the “recommended”
- Click on “add licenses & certifications
- Enter the title ‘Six Sigma…” and select the correct title
- Choose ‘LinkedIn Learning’ as the issuing organization
- Choose the issue date
- For the credential Id you can look at the certification.
- Click save.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a method that gives you the tools and techniques to determine the thing that is slowing the manufacturing process.
It also makes it possible to eliminate delays, improve the process and outcome, fix the problem, etc. Six Sigma was first introduced in 1980 and it has spread all over the world ever since.
It processes the company and aims to reduce imperfect products, and reduce the time of production, defects, and variabilities. It has two different methods: not only will the quality increase, but the outcome will also improve, and more loyal customers will be created through the process.
The statistics show that there will only be 3.4 errors in every one million products after using Six Sigma to process your company.
So, you can earn certifications from so many online learning websites, and Six Sigma is one of them. Can you get Six Sigma through LinkedIn? Sure, all you need is a premium account or you can purchase the lessons separately from LinkedIn learning, pass them and take a certification (belt in this case) to pass the course.
Can I get a Six Sigma certification from LinkedIn learning?
LinkedIn Learning offers courses related to Six Sigma, which can be beneficial for learning about the principles and methodologies involved. However, it’s important to note that LinkedIn Learning itself doesn’t provide Six Sigma certification. To earn an official Six Sigma certification, you typically need to go through organizations like the American Society for Quality (ASQ) or the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC). These organizations offer various levels of certification, such as Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt, which require passing exams and demonstrating practical knowledge.
To pursue Six Sigma certification, consider taking Six Sigma courses on LinkedIn Learning to build your knowledge, but be prepared to seek certification from a recognized certifying body to add the credential to your resume. Since offerings and policies may change, I recommend checking LinkedIn Learning’s current offerings and any updates regarding certification options on their platform.
How do I show my Six Sigma certification on LinkedIn?
To showcase your Six Sigma certification on your LinkedIn profile, follow these steps:
- Log into LinkedIn: Sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to Your Profile: Click on your profile picture or your name to access your profile.
- Edit Your Introduction: Scroll down to the “Intro” section on your profile and click the “pencil” icon to edit.
- Add Certification: In the “Intro” section, there’s an option to add certifications. Click on “Add certification.”
- Fill in the Details: A pop-up will appear. Here, you can enter the details of your Six Sigma certification, including the certification name, certification authority (e.g., ASQ, IASSC), license number (if applicable), and the date of issuance.
- Save: Click the “Save” button to add your certification to your profile.
Your Six Sigma certification will now be displayed in the “Certifications” section of your LinkedIn profile, allowing your network to see your professional qualifications.
Which Six Sigma certification is most recognized?
The recognition of a Six Sigma certification often depends on your industry and career goals. However, two of the most widely recognized and respected Six Sigma certifications are:
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB): This certification is usually considered the highest level of Six Sigma certification. It’s suitable for professionals who want to lead complex projects, mentor Green Belts, and drive significant process improvements within their organizations. It’s highly regarded across various industries.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB): The Green Belt certification is for individuals who want to assist Black Belts in process improvement projects. It’s a great starting point for those looking to get involved in Six Sigma methodologies. The Green Belt is also recognized in many industries and can be a stepping stone to Black Belt certification.
Ultimately, the most recognized Six Sigma certification for you will depend on your career aspirations and the specific requirements of your field or organization. It’s advisable to research and choose the certification that aligns best with your professional goals.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.