Have you earned your AWS certification recently? It’s time to share it on LinkedIn. Want to know how to add AWS certification to LinkedIn? Let’s talk about what AWS certification is and then about how to add AWS certification to LinkedIn.
To add AWS certification on LinkedIn: Click on the “Me” icon in the right corner of your account, then, Click on the "view profile" in the dropdown, scroll down and click on add a certificate. And now fill in the information on the opened box.
AWS certification means that you are an Amazon Web Services solution architect. IT professionals usually obtain this certification after passing a series of exams that a public cloud provider conducts.
This certification demonstrates your technical cloud skills, and it has different categories and levels.
We have associate, professional, and specialty levels. There are exams for cloud engineers, administrators, and architects.
The AWS certification validity lasts two years, and you need to rectify your certification.
The certifications are categorized in 4 different ways:
This certification is designed for individuals who want to have a general understanding of the AWS cloud. People who go for this certification are usually technicians, managers, salespersons, or others who work with AWS Cloud.
This certification is designed for engineers and anyone who wants to learn how to design apps and other relevant AWS-related things.
This certification is for software developers who like to know how to develop cloud apps in AWS.
This path is designed for sysops administrators. System operators and DevOps who want to learn how to generate automatic and repeatable apps, networks, etc., on the AWS platform.
The exams are timed and include multiple-choice, multiple-response, etc.; you will be monitored by an AWS professional during the exam.
The Associate-level exam lasts 80 minutes, while the professional and specialty level lasts 170 minutes. The results will be posted to your AWS account in 72 hours.
If passed, an electronic certificate and access AWS- certified logos and badges will be provided for you, and if not passed, you can retake the exam after two weeks.
The registration cost for Associate-level is $150, and the professional and specialty-level exams would cost $300.
How hard is it to earn your AWS certification, and why bother?
AWS is a monstrous platform that has grown a lot in recent years. It already has more than 100 services and will not stop growing anytime soon! Each service has its own language, GUI and CLI.
So you need to deeply understand each of them before becoming their expert.
Every AWS certification exam on each level can be very tough to pass. It depends on your knowledge, skills, and experience.
But it can get more manageable if you have experience working with the platform. But why should you bother yourselves with this certification? I mean, it’d be too hard to obtain, right?
Cloud is expanding daily and revolutionizing the tech world, and it’s never too late to earn money in this world!
The demand curve for cloud skills is growing by a second because, as we said, this monstrous platform will not stop growing anytime soon and needs experts to take care of it. AWS had an income of $141 billion in the first quarter of 2018.
And its income grew a lot since many Fortune 500 companies, like NASA, Netflix, Airbnb, etc., are using cloud computing services and AWS is the leader in these services.
Not convinced yet? Well, AWS is the fastest-growing public cloud space. The service launched in 2007, and it was in 2015 that its annual income was declared to reach USD 6B.
Now the revenue is multiplied, and it is still growing so fast. Thankfully AWS launched 7 years before any other cloud services and never slowed down.
Another reason why to earn an AWS certification is that the AWS skills are on top of the demanded skills from 2015.
As it is said, the demand for IT professionals with cloud skills will not decrease, at least for a very long time. Maybe when the robot apocalypse starts?
So it is totally logical to aim for that certification. To be honest, nothing right now can put you on top of any company’s candidate lists more than an AWS certification.
Just search the “cloud” term on indeed.com and see several hundred thousand jobs offered by this keyword, and you will surely notice that about half of these jobs need AWS skills.
It could also be that many huge companies and SMEs are joining cloud spaces, especially AWS.
Plus, the paycheck is so good! It is declared that AWS Certified Solutions Architects -Associate professionals earn $121,292 to $159,767 per year.
This is $13,000 to $38,000 higher than the top salary of an It professional. Do you really need more reasons to start learning AWS skills?
Alright, so this is a great plan to get a perfect job, but how to tell the world that you have this certification?
How to add AWS certification to LinkedIn?
Adding your certifications to your LinkedIn is a great way to demonstrate your skills and achievements. When you share an AWS badge to your LinkedIn profile, it’s no longer a statement.
People will confirm your badge and certification by the link you provide. It is just a way to tell the viewers how perfect you are in a specific job.
How to add AWS certification to LinkedIn? Just follow the steps:
- Open your LinkedIn profile.
- Click on the “Me” icon in the right corner of your account.
- Click on the “view profile” in the dropdown.
- If you have already added certifications to your profile, scroll down and click on add a certificate. And now, fill in the information on the opened box.
- If you never added any certifications to your profile, click on add profile section.
- In the opened box, open the “recommended”
- Click on “add licenses & certifications
- Now enter the information demanded in the opened box
*note that you can find the information you need in the AWS account.
Related Questions & Answers
How to add AWS Certification to Credly?
To add your AWS certification to Credly, you can follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Credly account or create a new account if you don’t have one. Credly is a platform that allows you to manage and display your digital credentials, including certifications.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Add” or “Add Credential” section in your Credly account. This section may be located in the top menu or under a “Credentials” or “Certifications” tab.
- Look for the option to add a new certification or credential. Select the appropriate option for adding an AWS certification.
- Fill in the required information about your AWS certification, including the certification name, issuing organization (in this case, Amazon Web Services), and any other details requested by Credly.
- Upload any necessary supporting documents or evidence of your AWS certification, such as a digital badge or certificate provided by AWS.
- Review the information you entered and click on the “Save” or “Add” button to add your AWS certification to your Credly account.
By following these steps, you can successfully add your AWS certification to Credly, allowing you to showcase your accomplishment and share your digital credentials with others in a trusted and accessible format.
LinkedIn AWS Certification Credential ID
- Visit the AWS Certification website: Go to the official AWS Certification website at https://www.aws.training/certification and sign in to your AWS account. If you don’t have an AWS account, create one.
- Access your certifications: Once logged in, navigate to the “Certification” section of your AWS account. Here, you can view the certifications you have earned.
- Find the Credential ID: Locate the specific AWS certification for which you want to obtain the Credential ID. Click on the certification to access the details and associated information.
- Obtain the Credential ID: Within the certification details, you should find the Credential ID listed. It is usually displayed as a unique alphanumeric code or identifier specific to your certification.
Note that the availability and location of the Credential ID may vary depending on the AWS Certification and any updates made to the AWS Certification platform. If you encounter any difficulties, refer to the official AWS Certification documentation or reach out to AWS Support for assistance in obtaining the Credential ID for your specific certification.
Credential URL for AWS Certification
To obtain the Credential URL for an AWS Certification, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the AWS Certification Verification site: Go to the official AWS Certification Verification site at https://aw.certmetrics.com/amazon/public/verification.aspx.
- Enter the required information: On the verification page, enter the details of the AWS Certification you want to verify, such as your candidate ID or email address associated with your certification. You may also need to provide additional information specific to your certification, such as your full name or certification ID.
- Click “Search” or “Verify”: After entering the necessary information, click the “Search” or “Verify” button to initiate the verification process.
- Obtain the Credential URL: Once the certification verification is complete, you should see the results indicating the status and details of your AWS Certification. Look for the section that provides the Credential URL or digital certificate link associated with your certification. The Credential URL is a unique web address that confirms the authenticity of your certification and can be shared with others as proof of your achievement.
AWS Certification badges
AWS Certification badges are digital representations of your AWS certifications that can be shared and displayed to showcase your achievement and expertise. These badges are designed to provide a visual recognition of your certification status and can be a valuable addition to your professional profile, such as on LinkedIn or other online platforms.
To obtain an AWS Certification badge, you can follow these steps:
- Earn an AWS Certification: Successfully complete the requirements for an AWS Certification by passing the associated exam or meeting the necessary criteria.
- Access your digital badge: After achieving an AWS Certification, you will receive an email from AWS with instructions on how to claim your digital badge. The email will typically provide a link to a platform, such as Credly or Acclaim, where you can create an account and claim your badge.
- Share and display your badge: Once you have claimed your AWS Certification badge, you can share it on social media, add it to your professional profile, or include it in your email signature. These badges serve as visual proof of your certification and can enhance your credibility and visibility within the AWS community and job market.
It’s important to note that the specific process for obtaining and displaying AWS Certification badges may vary depending on AWS’s current policies and practices. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the official AWS Certification documentation or reach out to AWS Support for the most up-to-date information on obtaining and using AWS Certification badges.
AWS certification is one of the most effective certificates that can provide you with many perfect job offers.
Adding certifications to your profile is one of the most essential parts of completing your LinkedIn profile. People with a complete LinkedIn profile are 40 times more likely to get a job offer from recruiters.
We talked about how to add AWS certification to LinkedIn and what AWS certification is.
So if you have your AWS certification, upload it to your LinkedIn profile today!
How do I share my AWS certification link?
To share your AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to your LinkedIn profile by clicking on your profile picture or your name.
- Scroll down to the “Licenses & Certifications” section and click on the “Add” button.
- Enter the details of your AWS certification, including the name of the certification, the issuing organization (Amazon Web Services), the credential ID or URL, and the issue date.
- Click the “Save” button to add your certification to your LinkedIn profile.
This will create a clickable link on your LinkedIn profile that others can use to verify your AWS certification. It’s a great way to showcase your skills and qualifications to potential employers and connections.
How do I add AWS certification to my resume?
To add your AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification to your resume, follow these steps:
- Create a “Certifications” or “Professional Credentials” section on your resume, typically located near the end but before your references.
- List your AWS certification with the full name, such as “AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate,” and include the certification date.
- You can optionally include the issuing organization (Amazon Web Services) and your credential ID if relevant.
- Add bullet points or a brief description highlighting your key skills or achievements related to the certification. For example, you might mention specific AWS services you’re proficient in or how the certification has been applied in your previous roles.
- Ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
By including your AWS certification on your resume, you demonstrate your qualifications and expertise in cloud computing, which can be appealing to potential employers in the tech industry.
How do I get AWS badges?
To earn AWS (Amazon Web Services) badges, you typically need to complete AWS certification exams or participate in AWS training programs. Here’s how to get AWS badges:
- Select a Certification or Training: Choose an AWS certification that aligns with your career goals and expertise, or select a relevant training program from AWS’s official website.
- Prepare for the Exam: Study and prepare for the certification exam by using AWS training resources, practice exams, and official documentation.
- Register and Take the Exam: Register for the certification exam through the AWS Training and Certification portal and schedule a test date at a nearby testing center or take an online proctored exam.
- Pass the Exam: Successfully pass the certification exam by meeting the required passing score.
- Receive Your Badge: Once you pass the exam, you’ll receive a digital badge that you can share on platforms like LinkedIn to showcase your AWS certification.
AWS badges serve as digital credentials to validate your AWS expertise, and they can help you stand out in the job market and demonstrate your proficiency with AWS services and solutions.