IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program) is a global education program to prepare the younger generation to enter top-tier universities. The program lasts for two years and is designed for 16 to 19-year-old students.
To add your IB Diploma to your LinkedIn profile, go to the "Accomplishments" section on your profile, click on the "Add" button, select "Education," and fill in the details of your IB Diploma, including the school name, degree, field of study, and dates of attendance. Save the changes, and your IB Diploma will be added to your LinkedIn profile.
The program is running in 140 countries and the diploma is confirmed and recognized by many of the best universities all around the world.
Why an IB diploma?
IB is an academic program that is designed to educate 16 to 19-year-olds to enter the best universities and have a successful life. The program was designed in 1960 in Switzerland, and the goal was to provide a chance for students all around the world to earn a credible and international diploma.
To earn this diploma, students must participate in classes in six different subjects, pass the IB exams, and complete three additional requirements.
Children are taught to think critically and independently, and this program has some benefits that cannot be ignored.
1. Vast studies
Unlike regular high school education, students in the IB program have no obligation to limit themselves to three to four subjects. In fact, they are required to participate in six different subjects classes. The subjects include mathematics, language and literature, art, humanities, experimental science, and language acquisitions.
2. Experiential learning
IB program students participate in clubs, projects, community services, sports, etc., and pursue and develop their skills and interests in cooperative activities. This way, not only do they develop a sense of cooperation but also will learn through experience.
The students are encouraged to follow their instinct to learn different things. They are also encouraged to link what they learn in the classroom and what they experience in real life. In fact, you are free to seek out what you are interested in, during the program.
Students also are encouraged not to suffice the theoretical knowledge. Their research skills grow during the program to help them in their academic or even future life.
5. To think independently
Unlike many of the traditional class systems, the teachers in the IB program are not the one and only voice. The students are taught to think independently and to talk about things they think are not suitable or they have a different idea about.
6. An international degree
IB diploma is an international degree, and it’s credible in more than 140 countries around the world. You can enter some of the best universities like Harvard and Princeton with this diploma.
A study by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) suggested that IB students have better chances of entering the UK’s top universities and colleges, and they are much more likely to enter the top 10 US universities.
How to add IB diploma to LinkedIn?
Now! How to add IB diploma to LinkedIn? Have you graduated from the IB program and like to share your diploma on your LinkedIn profile? Follow the steps below.
- Log into your account
- Click on “Me”
- Select “View Profile”
- Scroll down to reach the education section
- Click on the “+” icon
- Type “International Baccalaureate” in the opened box
- You will see the school logo
- Enter other information
- Save it
Related Questions & Answers
IB Diploma on resume
Including your International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma on your resume can be beneficial in showcasing your educational achievements and qualifications. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to include your IB Diploma on your resume:
- Education section: Create an “Education” section on your resume where you can list your academic qualifications. Within this section, include the details of your IB Diploma. Write the name of the diploma, such as “International Baccalaureate Diploma,” followed by the name of the school or institution where you completed the program. Mention the years you attended the program, such as the start and end date or graduation year. If relevant, you can also include any specialized tracks or subjects you pursued during your IB Diploma studies.
- Highlight achievements: To further enhance the impact of your IB Diploma on your resume, consider highlighting any notable achievements or awards earned during your IB studies. This could include high scores or distinctions, participation in IB-related extracurricular activities, or any other relevant accomplishments. Mentioning these achievements demonstrates your dedication, intellectual capability, and ability to excel in a rigorous academic program.
By including your IB Diploma on your resume, you showcase your academic accomplishments and highlight your commitment to a challenging and internationally recognized educational program. It adds credibility to your qualifications and can be particularly relevant when applying for academic or research-oriented positions, or when seeking admission to higher education institutions.
The IB Diploma is an international degree, first designed in Switzerland and is now offered in more than 140 countries.
The diploma is recognized by top-tier universities in more than 90 countries, and its graduates have a much better chance of entering universities such as Yale and Stanford compared to students of regular schools with similar skills.
We told you How to add an IB diploma to LinkedIn and why you should even choose an IB Diploma over regular classic education.
So if you are an IB graduate, go on and share your diploma in your LinkedIn profile.
How do I get my IB Diploma?
To obtain your International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, you must complete the required coursework and assessments within the IB program. Here are the typical steps:
- Enroll in an IB Program: First, enroll in an IB program at a participating school. This program typically covers the last two years of high school.
- Complete IB Courses: Over the course of the program, you will complete a series of IB courses in various subjects. These courses include internal and external assessments.
- Internal Assessments: For many subjects, you’ll complete internal assessments such as coursework, projects, or oral presentations throughout the program.
- External Assessments: You’ll take external assessments, which are often in the form of exams, at the end of each course.
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Extended Essay: You’ll also complete the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course and write an Extended Essay.
- Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS): Fulfill the CAS requirements, which involve participation in extracurricular activities.
- Obtain Required Scores: To earn the IB Diploma, you’ll need to meet specific score requirements for your completed courses and assessments.
- Receive the Diploma: Once you’ve successfully completed the program and met the requirements, you’ll receive your IB Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
The specific requirements and assessment criteria may vary slightly depending on the school and the IB program you’re enrolled in. It’s essential to communicate closely with your IB coordinator and teachers to ensure you meet all the necessary requirements for your diploma.
Should I put IB Diploma on my resume?
Yes, you should definitely include your International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma on your resume. The IB Diploma is a prestigious qualification that showcases your commitment to a rigorous academic program and your ability to excel in a challenging educational environment. Including it on your resume can make you stand out to potential employers and demonstrate your strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, and international perspective. Be sure to list it under your “Education” or “Qualifications” section, along with other relevant academic achievements, to highlight your educational background effectively.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.