Who doesn’t want people to know about their research out there? I mean, scientists are usually not really into social networks, but isn’t it the time for them to try a bit of marketing for their research and publications?
How to add research to LinkedIn? Click on the “add profile section” and select add publication from the “additional” section in the opened box. Then fill out the empty boxes and click save.
Some of the researchers may say that “should we really do this? Completing and publishing the research was backbreaking enough.” The answer is a big YES. You should do it.
You’ve just made an achievement. Why not tell everyone about it? Don’t you want people to notice the work you’ve done and the results you got?
Imagine J.K. Rowling never promoted “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone” after she finished the book📙.
What could have happened then? People would’ve never noticed such a masterpiece was created, and we could never read the standout sequel or watch those great movies.
It’s not just to let people know or read your research. It’s about encouraging the potential investors to pay for our productions (if the research has resulted in an invention or discovering something like the Covid-19 vaccine) or to attract the recruiters who are looking for people with your expertise and knowledge to offer some very good positions. And of course, for the greater good.
Don’t you want to increase public knowledge? Help the students in their research, tickle their fancy a bit, and encourage them to enter the science field in which you are active. Adding your research to LinkedIn is one of the most effective ways to do so.
If you add the publication to your profile correctly and use the correct keywords for the name and description, you are so much more likely to appear in the search results.
So let’s sum up the benefits of adding your research to your profile and tell you how to add research to LinkedIn.
- Showcase your abilities and expertise
- Attract recruiters and investors
- Build credibility and authority
- Make people notice your work
- Increase the public knowledge
- Show your achievement
- Completing profile
How to add research to LinkedIn?
You just need to follow these steps to add research or publication to LinkedIn.
- Get into your LinkedIn account
- Open your profile
- Click on the “add profile section” button
- Click on “Additional” dropdown
- Select the “add publications” option
- Enter the exact title of your research
- If it is published in a magazine, type the publication name in the publisher section.
- In the date section, choose the year, the month, and the day the research got published.
- Provide a link that gives the viewers more information like an abstract or even lets them download the whole article.
- Give your viewers some information in the description box (don’t forget the keyword).
- Click the save button.
* You can add articles, books📙, reports and presentations to the publication section.
It is so essential to know how to add research to LinkedIn. Researches are important; they can promote you, your talents, skills and your expertise and are great branding and marketing tools.
You are attracting potential investors and related recruiters to your direction by using the suitable keywords, and don’t forget that you are completing your profile more and more and that such a profile has much more chances to be seen by the targeted users.