Who doesn’t want people to know about their research out there? I mean, scientists are usually not really into social networks, but isn’t it the time for them to try a bit of marketing for their research and publications?
To add research to LinkedIn, you can create a post or an article on LinkedIn with details about your research, including its purpose, methodology, and findings. You can also add links or attachments to your research in your post or article. Additionally, you can add your research to your LinkedIn profile under the "Publications" section by clicking on the "+" button and filling out the necessary information.
Some of the researchers may say that “should we really do this? Completing and publishing the research was backbreaking enough.” The answer is a big YES. You should do it.
You’ve just made an achievement. Why not tell everyone about it? Don’t you want people to notice the work you’ve done and the results you got?
Imagine J.K. Rowling never promoted “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone” after she finished the book.
What could have happened then? People would’ve never noticed such a masterpiece was created, and we could never read the standout sequel or watch those great movies.
It’s not just to let people know or read your research. It’s about encouraging the potential investors to pay for our productions (if the research has resulted in an invention or discovering something like the Covid-19 vaccine) or to attract the recruiters who are looking for people with your expertise and knowledge to offer some very good positions. And of course, for the greater good.
Don’t you want to increase public knowledge? Help the students in their research, tickle their fancy a bit, and encourage them to enter the science field in which you are active. Adding your research to LinkedIn is one of the most effective ways to do so.
If you add the publication to your profile correctly and use the correct keywords for the name and description, you are so much more likely to appear in the search results.
So let’s sum up the benefits of adding your research to your profile and tell you how to add research to LinkedIn.
- Showcase your abilities and expertise
- Attract recruiters and investors
- Build credibility and authority
- Make people notice your work
- Increase the public knowledge
- Show your achievement
- Completing profile
How to add research to LinkedIn?
You just need to follow these steps to add research or publication to LinkedIn.
- Get into your LinkedIn account
- Open your profile
- Click on the “add profile section” button
- Click on “Additional” dropdown
- Select the “add publications” option
- Enter the exact title of your research
- If it is published in a magazine, type the publication name in the publisher section.
- In the date section, choose the year, the month, and the day the research got published.
- Provide a link that gives the viewers more information like an abstract or even lets them download the whole article.
- Give your viewers some information in the description box (don’t forget the keyword).
- Click the save button.
Related Questions & Answers
How to Add Publications to LinkedIn Profile
To add publications to your LinkedIn profile, follow these steps:
- Access your LinkedIn profile: Log in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile page.
- Click on the “Add profile section” button: Scroll down on your profile until you find the “Add profile section” button, and click on it.
- Select “Accomplishments” and then “Publications”: From the list of profile sections, choose “Accomplishments” and then select “Publications” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter publication details: Click on the “+ Add” button to add a new publication. Provide the necessary details, including the title of the publication, the publication date, the publisher, a brief description, and any relevant URLs or links.
- Save your changes: Once you’ve entered the publication details, click “Save” to update your profile with the new publication entry.
- Repeat for additional publications: If you have multiple publications to add, simply click “+ Add” again and repeat the process.
Adding publications to your LinkedIn profile showcases your expertise and accomplishments in your field. It helps demonstrate your thought leadership and credibility to potential employers, clients, or professional connections who visit your profile.
How to Add Publications to LinkedIn 2023
To add publications to your LinkedIn profile in 2023, follow these steps:
- Access your LinkedIn profile: Log in to your LinkedIn account and go to your profile page.
- Click on the “Add profile section” button: Scroll down on your profile until you find the “Add profile section” button and click on it.
- Select “Accomplishments” and then “Publications”: From the available profile sections, choose “Accomplishments” and then select “Publications” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter publication details: Click on the “+ Add” button to add a new publication. Fill in the required fields such as the title of the publication, publication date, publisher, description, and any relevant links or URLs.
- Save your changes: After entering the publication details, click “Save” to update your profile with the new publication entry.
- Add more publications if needed: If you have additional publications to include, simply click “+ Add” again and repeat the process.
Adding publications to your LinkedIn profile allows you to showcase your professional achievements, research, or written works. It helps highlight your expertise and can attract the attention of potential employers, clients, or collaborators who view your profile.
It is so essential to know how to add research to LinkedIn. Researches are important; they can promote you, your talents, skills and your expertise and are great branding and marketing tools.
You are attracting potential investors and related recruiters to your direction by using the suitable keywords, and don’t forget that you are completing your profile more and more and that such a profile has much more chances to be seen by the targeted users.
Can I post my research paper on LinkedIn?
Yes, you can share your research paper or research findings on LinkedIn. Here’s how:
- Create a Post: Log in to LinkedIn and click on the “Start a post” option on your LinkedIn homepage.
- Write an Introduction: Begin your post with a brief introduction about your research paper. Mention its significance or any key findings.
- Attach a Link: If your research paper is available online, provide a link to the paper in your post. You can include the link in the body of your post or use LinkedIn’s link-sharing feature.
- Add Visuals: Consider including relevant visuals, such as images or charts, to make your post more engaging.
- Engage Your Network: Encourage your connections to read and share your research by tagging relevant individuals or organizations, using relevant hashtags, and asking questions to stimulate discussion.
- Compliance: Ensure that sharing your research paper online complies with any publication agreements or copyright restrictions.
By sharing your research paper on LinkedIn, you can reach a professional audience, potentially gain valuable feedback, and increase the visibility of your work within your industry or academic community.
Should you put research papers on LinkedIn?
Yes, it can be beneficial to share research papers on LinkedIn, especially if your goal is to build a professional reputation, network with colleagues, or showcase your expertise. Sharing research papers can demonstrate your knowledge and commitment to your field, potentially attracting like-minded professionals, collaborators, or even job opportunities. However, it’s important to ensure that sharing your research complies with any publication agreements or copyright restrictions you may have with the publisher or institution. Additionally, consider summarizing the key findings or significance of the paper in your LinkedIn post to engage your network and make your research more accessible to a broader audience.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.