You might have faced this problem as well when you change your job but cannot change the primary email address in your profile. Why do I need to know how to change my primary email address on LinkedIn? Well, if you used an organization’s dedicated email, which a lot of us do, you may not be able to use that email again once you leave that job.
That can be very problematic, especially when LinkedIn sends you an email for changing a password. It’s not only about those special emails. It even happens for simple email addresses as well.
I personally lost access to tons of email addresses during the years of my life and for no good reasons. How many times has it happened to you to try to log into your email and the provider says that your password is not correct? Are you thinking of changing the password and recovering the email address? Does that really work on 100% of the occasions for you? Because it’s not the case for me at least.
All you need to do (if the email address is dedicated to your LinkedIn) is to change the primary email address and you just need to know how.
How to change my primary email address on LinkedIn?
Emails have been like a digital address for the modern human for many years. They are like a digital fingerprint that lets other people track you and contact you online.
LinkedIn is a social platform, a place to contact, and for that, you need to have an accessible email, although you can have even more than one email address on this platform.
So let’s see how to add an email address to LinkedIn when we lose access to the old one. Note that your new email address must only be a verified one.
- Open your account
- Click on the ‘Me’
- Select ‘Setting & Privacy
- Click on Sign in & security
- Find the ‘Email Address’ under the ‘Account access’ headline
- Click on the arrow next to the email address
- Click on ‘add email address in the opened window
- Enter the new email and click submit
- Now log into the new email inbox and click on the confirmation link that LinkedIn sent you
- Now that you’ve confirmed your email, you can see two buttons in front of the new email address ‘Make primary’ and ‘Remove’
- Click on that button and change your primary email on LinkedIn
The primary emails are for the people out of your connection network to contact you on LinkedIn. It is proven that having a valid primary email address can help a lot in the career path, so if you lost access to your old email or simply want to change it just follow the steps we mentioned to answer the question: “how to change my primary email address on LinkedIn?”