You might have faced this problem as well when you change your job but cannot change the primary email📧 address in your profile👨💼. Why do I need to know how to change my primary email📧 address on LinkedIn? Well, if you used an organization’s dedicated email📧, which a lot of us do, you may not be able to use⚒️ that email📧 again once you leave that job.
That can be very problematic, especially when LinkedIn sends you an email📧 for changing a password. It’s not only about those special emails📧. It even happens for simple email📧 addresses as well.
I personally lost access to tons of email📧 addresses during the years of my life and for no good👌 reasons. How many times has it happened to you to try to log into your email📧 and the provider says that your password is not correct? Are you thinking🤔 of changing the password and recovering the email📧 address? Does that really work on 100% of the occasions for you? Because it’s not the case for me at least.
All you need to do (if the email📧 address is dedicated to your LinkedIn) is to change the primary email📧 address and you just need to know how.
How to change my primary email📧 address on LinkedIn?
Emails📧 have been like❤️ a digital address for the modern human for many years. They are like❤️ a digital fingerprint that lets other people🧑🤝🧑 track you and contact🤝 you online.
LinkedIn is a social platform, a place to contact🤝, and for that, you need to have an accessible email📧, although you can have even more than one email📧 address on this platform.
So let’s see👀 how to add an email📧 address to LinkedIn when we lose access to the old one. Note that your new email📧 address must only be a verified one.
- Open your account
- Click🖱️ on the ‘Me’
- Select ‘Setting & Privacy
- Click🖱️ on Sign in & security
- Find🔍 the ‘Email Address’ under the ‘Account access’ headline
- Click🖱️ on the arrow next to the email📧 address
- Click🖱️ on ‘add email📧 address in the opened window
- Enter the new email📧 and click🖱️ submit
- Now log into the new email📧 inbox and click🖱️ on the confirmation link⛓️ that LinkedIn sent you
- Now that you’ve confirmed your email📧, you can see👀 two buttons in front of the new email📧 address ‘Make primary’ and ‘Remove’
- Click🖱️ on that button and change your primary email📧 on LinkedIn
The primary emails📧 are for the people🧑🤝🧑 out of your connection⛓️ network🕸️ to contact🤝 you on LinkedIn. It is proven that having a valid primary email📧 address can help🦮 a lot in the career path, so if you lost access to your old email📧 or simply want to change it just follow the steps we mentioned to answer the question: “how to change my primary email📧 address on LinkedIn?”