How to Create an Event on LinkedIn? Just click on that ‘+’ sign next to ‘Event’ on your home page.
LinkedIn is the one and only business-oriented social platform that exists right now. It is the only place where you can share📤 your professional resume, find🔍 the best😎 recruiters who are hiring every day, contact🤝 people🧑🤝🧑 who work in your field or the industry🧩 of your desires, make a newsletter, etc. and guess what?
You can even hold an event on this platform or announce📢 an event to inform people🧑🤝🧑 that it is being held.
Yes, Facebook and many other platforms do the same; what is so special about LinkedIn events? Well, this is related to the platform’s very nature and professionalism. Yes, you can make a live event even on Instagram and/or Facebook and many other platforms, but can you be sure that the people🧑🤝🧑 who work in that industry🧩, study the related fields, or simply are interested in the topic have attended the event?
Well, it is not 100% guaranteed on LinkedIn as well, but at least it is much more probable.
How to create an event on LinkedIn?
Creating an event on LinkedIn is so easy. All you need is an account (basic level):
- Log in to your account
- Go to your home page
- Scroll down to see👀 ‘Event’ on the left side of your screen
- Click🖱️ on the ‘+’ icon in front of it
- Upload a cover photo🖼️
- Choose the organizer; it can be any page you are its admin, company🏭 page, or personal account
- Choose the event type. It can be online or in person.
- Online: If you are holding it online, you either need to provide the attendees with an extra Link⛓️ for another platform like❤️ Skype room, Zoom, Google Duo, etc., or you need to have more than 150 followers to be able to use⚒️ LinkedIn live event or LinkedIn audio event.
- In-person: this one is the formal event when you have to go somewhere physically, which I personally still prefer. The difference is that you need a precise address to the event form
- Enter an exciting name for your event, and add an exact date and time⏱️ of the event beginning and ending so people🧑🤝🧑 do know when to show up.
- If you choose to hold it online and on another platform, you need to provide people🧑🤝🧑 with an external link⛓️.
- You can also invite a speaker and add them to the speaker section. Thankfully, it is easier to contact🤝 professional speakers in any industry🧩 on LinkedIn.
- Now that the event post is ready, just add a note about it and encourage people🧑🤝🧑 to attend, and click🖱️ on the ‘Post’ button
- Click🖱️ on the invite button and add the connections⛓️ you want them to attend the event and invite them.
- You can even ask them to invite other people🧑🤝🧑 to the event as well.
Events were always so important🖋️ for the business💸 owner’s education services⚙️, etc., and to be honest, online events have become more and more popular in recent years, especially since the Covid-19 pandemic.
Besides, there is somehow no better platform to announce📢 and hold an event in most cases. I mean, Facebook is a rival, but it is not focused on business💸.
There are a lot of other things like❤️ entertainment and things like❤️ that are going on on that platform, so it might be hard to find🔍 the exact event you want in there. So it is essential 🖋️ to know how to create an event on LinkedIn, knowing that there is no place better than this one.