LinkedIn accounts have proven to be more than just a stylish tool🧰 for progressing in your career since 2003. Millions of people🧑🤝🧑 used it to find🔍 a job, partner, hire other people🧑🤝🧑, find🔍 some perfect👌 connections⛓️ for marketing📈 purposes, contact🤝 people🧑🤝🧑 in a specific industry🧩, etc. but, what if you just created an account years ago and never used it? How to delete a LinkedIn account without email address?
LinkedIn is a job-oriented platform where you can do everything you want (business-wise). You can share📤 your resume, skills🔧, talents, publications, etc. you can search🔍 for some decent jobs or suitable👌 candidates if you have job vacancies, etc. to do all of these things, you need an account.
To be honest, LinkedIn wasn’t as user-friendly as it is right now at first🥇; it wasn’t this perfect👌 and the easy-to-work platform even ten years ago! I made one account in 2010, and it was so hard for me to work with it, and it was so not my style that I left the platform for some years.
I came back to test LinkedIn again in 2018, and yes, I lost access to that email📧 I created it in 2010, and was related to that old account.
I mean, who has access to the email📧 they created when they were fifteen? So I created another account with another email📧, and saw that the platform had changed significantly! It is much more user-friendly now and easier to work with; needless to say, LinkedIn has progressed much to date.
I searched to see👀 if my old account was still active, and, yes, it was still there, so since I had no access to the related email📧, I left it be. But recently, I heard of some ways you can use⚒️ it to delete✂️ an old account without an email📧 address.
How to delete a LinkedIn account without an email address?
Read my lips, you cannot delete✂️ any LinkedIn account without having access to a primary, secondary email📧, or at least a registered phone📱 number. So first🥇 you need to recover that email📧 or use⚒️ some other ways to verify your identity first🥇.
There are some ways you can do it.
- First of all, you can go to that mailing service and enter the email address if you still know it.
- Then click on ‘forgot password’ so the service will get you to a password-changing process.
- ok👌, now that you recovered your old email📧, everything will get easier.
- Open the LinkedIn website, click🖱️ on the sign-in, and then select ‘Forgot password?’
- Now enter that email📧 address you’ve just recovered.
- You’ll receive an email📧 from LinkedIn containing six digits, enter the code in the related part and click🖱️ on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter the new password, confirm it, and click🖱️ on the Submit button.
- Couldn’t recover the email📧? No worries, it makes accessing the account a bit harder.
- Open the LinkedIn website and click🖱️ on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- Click🖱️ on the ‘Forgot password’ button and then select the ‘Can’t access this email’ button.
- Now, enter the new email📧 address you want to use⚒️ for accessing your old account.
- You will be asked to upload an ID card like❤️ a passport or driver’s license photo🖼️.
- The LinkedIn team processes your information and will keep in contact🤝 with you for more help🦮.
- The ID card is just for security purposes; they just want to ensure that only you have access to your account and not any third party or unauthorized person.
- When they finish processing, they will send you a link⛓️ for password renewing to that new email📧 you wanted to link⛓️ to your account.
How to delete an old account?
This is so easy to do from now on. You sign in to enter your account first🥇. Click🖱️ on the ‘Me’ button under your picture🖼️ and select ‘Setting & Privacy’. Scroll down the page to reach the ‘Account management section and click🖱️ on the little arrow icon in front of ‘Close account’. A message💬 will appear that says, “X, we’re sorry to see👀 you go.
Are you sure you want to close your account? You’ll lose your connections⛓️, messages💬, endorsements, and recommendations.’ Click🖱️ to continue and choose one of the prepared reasons, then click🖱️ on ‘Next’.
Give them some more information about why you are deleting✂️ the account and click🖱️ on ‘Next’, then enter your password and click🖱️ on done. Congratulations, you have just deleted your old LinkedIn account.
Know, how about talking🗣️ a bit about what a LinkedIn account can do for you?
The benefits of a LinkedIn account
Let me tell🗣️ you that creating a LinkedIn account was one of the perfect👌 decisions I’ve ever made in my life; thankfully, I have a collection of perfect👌 decisions.
It can help🦮 you get hired; yes, you can use⚒️ many other ways to get a job, but why not use⚒️ this one as well? I mean, for heaven’s sake, 830 million real people🧑🤝🧑 are using⚒️ this platform right now.
Isn’t it better to use⚒️ a massive market alongside the smaller ones to find🔍 that diamond in the rock? find🔍 that perfect👌 job that you might not find🔍 in the flea market? I’m not saying that you will get hired for a perfect👌 job the minute you start searching on LinkedIn, but it is still worth a shot! Besides, there are many benefits to it which we are going to talk🗣️ about some of them.
A LinkedIn account can help🦮 you with the hiring process. There are many companies🏭 now that have a LinkedIn section in their application form, so you can upload your profile👨💼 URL there alongside your CV.
Believe me when I say a good👌 profile👨💼 can do miracles.
The connections⛓️ you make on LinkedIn can help🦮 you ideally. Who knows where the person you met at a conference and added to your connections⛓️ will be in five years? You might just have added your potential employer, employee👨💼, or partner to your LinkedIn connections⛓️, and knowing them from before will help🦮 you in ways you cannot even imagine.
Self-branding is one of the ultimate purposes that you can reach on LinkedIn! Not only can you upload a CV there and talk🗣️ about your talents, skills🔧, etc., but other people🧑🤝🧑 also can provide you with endorsements and recommendations.
It is also a perfect👌 way to see👀 job ads, and you can use⚒️ LinkedIn filters to find🔍 the perfect👌 one. Besides, you can use⚒️ the so-called filters to find🔍 influencing people🧑🤝🧑 in every industry🧩 to make connections⛓️ with. And it’s free! Of course, some paid options give you some extra features, but the basic account features are mostly more than enough👌 for most people🧑🤝🧑.
An old LinkedIn account that you did not work with for a long time⏱️ can hurt your chances. People🧑🤝🧑 might see👀 it and take it for your current account. Even the recruiters might send some messages💬 to it, and you never get notified📢. So now that you know how to delete a LinkedIn account without an email📧 address, just go on and get rid of those redundant accounts.