Company pages are one of the many tools that you can use on LinkedIn for lead generating and finding new clients, partners, employees, etc. But it is not so odd to decide to deactivate one company page, especially when there are some that are not really in a good shape or the ones that are auto-generated by LinkedIn.
People even do that because they are closing their company for a reason or simply because they decided not to use LinkedIn anymore.
How to delete a LinkedIn page? Just go to the page, click on the admin tool and select ‘deactivate Page’.
To delete a LinkedIn Company Page, you need to be an admin of the page. Then, go to your company page and click on the Admin Tools dropdown menu. Select the "Deactivate Page or Deactivate Showcase Page" option and follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.
How to delete a LinkedIn company page?
To delete a company page, you need to be the super admin of it. Your company went out of business? Do you think the page is not that beneficial?
Your business just got rebranded? It is suggested to keep the page and create another one, considering the consequences of deleting it. But yet, if you want to go on, your page must have the following criteria. It should be active; you need to be the super admin, the company page must have no showcases or career pages or any other associated pages (to remove them, contact the LinkedIn support team), and employees who listed this page in their experiences section must be less than 100, there should not be any active ad campaigns and the company must still be under the ownership of the previous owner.
Checked the mentioned criteria? All right, now log in to your account, click on ‘Me’, and select the company page you want to delete.
Once you are on the company page, click on ‘The admin tool’ and choose ‘Deactivate Page’ from the dropdown menu. In the pop-up window, you see that the platform is warning that all of the data you have on this page will be gone forever after you delete the page.
Check the box that says: “By clicking Deactivate, I confirm that I understand the implications of deactivating the Page” and then click on the ‘Deactivate’ button.
If you are wondering what happens after you deactivate a company page, the company name, brand, and email will not exist on LinkedIn anymore (except that you have another page with the same data).
The people who followed your company page can’t find it anymore; all the analytics and stats of the page will be done.
It won’t work if you ever create a backlink to that page. The employees who still have that page in their experience section can’t refer to it, and if they don’t change it to a new company page, LinkedIn will auto-generate a company page for them.
That is why it is strongly suggested not to remove a company page that you used to work with.
I mean, if it is just a redundant page, it’s just fine to get rid of it, but when it was such an active page, well, not that wise to delete it! There are always some alternatives.
Related Questions & Answers
Deactivate LinkedIn Page
To deactivate a LinkedIn Page, you can follow these steps. First, sign in to LinkedIn using your admin account that has access to the Page you want to deactivate. Go to the “Admin Center” by clicking on the “Work” icon in the top right corner of the LinkedIn homepage and selecting “Admin Center” from the dropdown menu. In the Admin Center, navigate to the “Manage” tab and select “LinkedIn Pages” from the left-hand sidebar. Locate the Page you want to deactivate and click on the three-dot menu icon next to it. From the dropdown menu, select “Deactivate Page.” A confirmation prompt will appear asking if you want to deactivate the Page. Click on “Deactivate” to confirm the deactivation. Please note that deactivating a Page is permanent, and it cannot be undone. Once deactivated, the Page will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
How to Delete a Page on LinkedIn Mobile
To delete a page on LinkedIn using the mobile app, follow these simple steps. Open the LinkedIn app on your mobile device and sign in to your account. Tap on the profile picture icon in the top left corner to access your profile. Scroll down and tap on the “Manage” section, which is located below your profile information. In the “Manage” section, you’ll find the “Pages” tab; tap on it to view the list of pages you manage. Locate the page you want to delete and tap on the three-dot menu icon next to it. From the options that appear, select “Delete Page.” A confirmation prompt will appear asking if you want to delete the page. Tap on “Delete” to confirm the deletion. Please note that deleting a page is permanent, and all the content associated with the page will be permanently removed.
I mean, the page is working fine and you just need a change? Why do such a thing as deleting such a good thing instead of a small change like remaining? You always know how to delete a LinkedIn company page, right? So use these alternatives before deciding to deactivate the business page. Try it now; you won’t regret it!
How do I permanently delete my LinkedIn Company Page?
To permanently delete a LinkedIn Company Page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and go to your Company Page.
- Click the “Admin tools” dropdown menu on the top right of your Company Page.
- Select “Edit page.”
- Scroll down to the “Account” section on the left sidebar and click “Settings.”
- Under “Account management,” click “Delete your Page.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions, which typically involve confirming your decision and providing a reason for deletion.
Please note that deleting a LinkedIn Company Page is a permanent action, and all the content associated with it, including followers, posts, and analytics, will be lost. Make sure to back up any valuable content or data before proceeding.
How do I remove a company from LinkedIn?
If you want to remove a company from your LinkedIn profile where you have mentioned your work experience with that company, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to your profile by clicking on your profile picture or your name in the top menu.
- Scroll down to the “Experience” section, where your current and past positions are listed.
- Find the company you want to remove and click the pencil icon (Edit) next to it.
- In the editing mode, remove the company name, position, and other details associated with it.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the “Save” button to save your changes.
This will effectively remove the company from your LinkedIn profile as a work experience entry. If you want to remove a company page you’ve created or manage, that’s a different process and involves deleting the company page, which I described in a previous response.
How do I delete a page from LinkedIn business manager?
To delete a page from LinkedIn Business Manager, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Access Business Manager: Log in to your LinkedIn account and go to LinkedIn Business Manager by clicking on the “Work” icon in the top right corner and selecting “Business Services” and then “Business Manager.”
- Select the Account: From the Business Manager dashboard, choose the account that contains the page you want to delete.
- Go to Pages: In the left-hand menu, click on “Pages.”
- Locate the Page: Find the page you want to delete from the list of pages associated with your Business Manager.
- Click the Page: Click on the page’s name to access its settings.
- Page Settings: Once you’re on the page, click on the “Settings” tab.
- Delete Page: Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page, and you should find the option to “Delete Page.” Click on it.
- Confirmation: LinkedIn will ask you to confirm the deletion. Read the information provided carefully, as deleting a page is permanent. If you’re sure you want to proceed, click “Delete.”
- Verification: LinkedIn may ask you to verify your identity, especially if it’s a significant change. Follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.
Please note that once you delete a page, all associated content, followers, and data will be permanently removed, and this action cannot be undone. Be absolutely certain before proceeding.
How do I permanently delete my business page?
To permanently delete a LinkedIn business page, follow these steps:
- Access Your Page: Log in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your business page that you want to delete.
- Edit Page: Click on the “Admin tools” dropdown on the top right corner of the page and select “Edit page.”
- Admin Center: In the Admin Center on the left-hand side, click on “Settings.”
- Delete Page: Scroll down to the “Management” section, and you will find the “Delete your Page” option. Click on it.
- Confirmation: LinkedIn will ask you to confirm the deletion. Carefully read the information provided, as this action is permanent and cannot be undone. If you’re sure you want to proceed, click “Delete.”
- Verification: You may need to verify your identity or confirm the deletion again. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your LinkedIn business page will be permanently deleted, and all associated content and data will be lost. Be absolutely certain before proceeding with the deletion.
What happens when I deactivate a LinkedIn Company Page?
When you deactivate a LinkedIn Company Page, it essentially goes “invisible” on LinkedIn. Here’s what happens:
- Page Invisibility: Your Company Page won’t be visible to LinkedIn members, meaning they won’t be able to find it through searches or view its content.
- Admin Access: You’ll still have administrative access to the page, allowing you to reactivate it in the future.
- Content Preservation: The content on your Company Page, such as posts, updates, and followers, is not deleted. It’s stored, and if you reactivate the page, the content will be restored.
- Disabling Features: Features like job postings and Sponsored Content campaigns associated with the page will be paused.
- Followers: Your followers won’t be notified when you deactivate the page, but they won’t be able to engage with your content or see updates.
Deactivating a Company Page is a way to temporarily hide it while retaining the option to reactivate it later. If you’re sure you want to permanently remove it, you should follow the steps to delete the page, as mentioned in the previous response.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.