We live in a world where somehow everyone competes to stand out among others. This era is the time when looking like a professional is so crucial for getting a decent job. I don’t want to compare people with goods in a store, but, unfortunately, it’s the best and most comprehensive analogy. Think that you are walking in a store and are looking for a decent and professional gaming chair.
Well, you will never go for a regular wooden chair in this situation. Such a thing doesn’t have so many features you need for a good gaming experience, and it will hurt your health in the long term.
The features of that gaming chair can be like your certifications. An employer is looking for some specific features in the candidates, and when he/she sees the certificates in your profile, it assures them that he/she probably found the right one. So it is so vital to know how to display certificates on LinkedIn, right?
To display certificates on LinkedIn, go to your profile and click on the "Add profile section" button. From the dropdown menu, select "Licenses and Certifications" and fill out the required information, including the name of the certification, the issuing organization, and the date earned.
Not every job needs certificates, but many of them do, especially in recent years when IT jobs are getting on top.
Certifications will demonstrate your expertise in a field, let the recruiters and employers trust you, complete your profile, document your skills, and show that you are eager to expand your knowledge and that you are aware of the latest developments in a specific area.
I can go on and on about the benefits of having a certificate in your profile. Do I need to? No. I thought so. Let’s say how to display certificates on LinkedIn.
How to display certificates on LinkedIn?
We are going to talk about some ways how you can add your certificates to your profile here. The main route is the classic one:
- Log into your LinkedIn account
- Click on ‘Me’
- Go to “View Profile”
- Click on “ add profile section”
- Select recommended
- Click on “Add licenses & certifications”
- Click on ‘+’
- Type the name of the certification. You probably will see a list of suggested certificates
- Open your certification (if it’s a pdf or is uploaded on a website) and enter the required information precisely.
- If there is no expiration date on the certificate, don’t forget to change the option to “this credential doesn’t expire”
- You can usually find a credential ID or completion code on the certificate. Copy and paste it into the related box.
- For the credential URL, you need to copy the address of your certification in the box.
- Click and save it and add it to the licenses and certifications section.
*If the certification is PDF or physical, you can add the PDF or a picture of it to Google Drive for a URL.
As you know, LinkedIn is a professional job-oriented platform. So it’s only natural that you want to add your certificates to every possible section.
Since who really knows where the recruiters really dig in?
- So click on the pencil icon in the corner of your experiences,
- find the most related job and click to edit it.
- Scroll down in the pop-up box to see the media section.
- You can add a picture of your certificate, add the pdf, or simply add a link.
The other way is to add the certificates to the education section; who said you could only learn in schools?
How to display certificates on LinkedIn? Just add them to your profile, that’s how. Having some certificates in your profile can help you a lot in your career path, but remember to avoid overstuffing the section.
It can and will scare the recruiters. You can get overqualified for the job you always wanted by adding so many certifications. So add them but don’t go too far.