We live in a world where somehow everyone competes to stand out among others. This era is the time when looking like a professional is so crucial for getting a decent job. I don’t want to compare people with goods in a store, but, unfortunately, it’s the best and most comprehensive analogy. Think that you are walking in a store and are looking for a decent and professional gaming chair.
Well, you will never go for a regular wooden chair in this situation. Such a thing doesn’t have so many features you need for a good gaming experience, and it will hurt your health in the long term.
The features of that gaming chair can be like your certifications. An employer is looking for some specific features in the candidates, and when he/she sees the certificates in your profile, it assures them that he/she probably found the right one. So it is so vital to know how to display certificates on LinkedIn, right?
To display certificates on LinkedIn, go to your profile and click on the "Add profile section" button. From the dropdown menu, select "Licenses and Certifications" and fill out the required information, including the name of the certification, the issuing organization, and the date earned.
Not every job needs certificates, but many of them do, especially in recent years when IT jobs are getting on top.
Certifications will demonstrate your expertise in a field, let the recruiters and employers trust you, complete your profile, document your skills, and show that you are eager to expand your knowledge and that you are aware of the latest developments in a specific area.
I can go on and on about the benefits of having a certificate in your profile. Do I need to? No. I thought so. Let’s say how to display certificates on LinkedIn.
How to display certificates on LinkedIn?
We are going to talk about some ways how you can add your certificates to your profile here. The main route is the classic one:
- Log into your LinkedIn account
- Click on ‘Me’
- Go to “View Profile”
- Click on “ add profile section”
- Select recommended
- Click on “Add licenses & certifications”
- Click on ‘+’
- Type the name of the certification. You probably will see a list of suggested certificates
- Open your certification (if it’s a pdf or is uploaded on a website) and enter the required information precisely.
- If there is no expiration date on the certificate, don’t forget to change the option to “this credential doesn’t expire”
- You can usually find a credential ID or completion code on the certificate. Copy and paste it into the related box.
- For the credential URL, you need to copy the address of your certification in the box.
- Click and save it and add it to the licenses and certifications section.
*If the certification is PDF or physical, you can add the PDF or a picture of it to Google Drive for a URL.
As you know, LinkedIn is a professional job-oriented platform. So it’s only natural that you want to add your certificates to every possible section.
Since who really knows where the recruiters really dig in?
- So click on the pencil icon in the corner of your experiences,
- find the most related job and click to edit it.
- Scroll down in the pop-up box to see the media section.
- You can add a picture of your certificate, add the pdf, or simply add a link.
The other way is to add the certificates to the education section; who said you could only learn in schools?
Related Questions & Answers
How to add PDF certificate to LinkedIn
To add a PDF certificate to your LinkedIn profile, follow these simple steps. First, log in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile page. Then, scroll down to the “Featured” section and click on the “Add featured” button. From the options that appear, select “Media” to upload your PDF certificate.
Next, click on the “Upload” button and choose the PDF certificate file from your computer. Once the file is uploaded, you can provide a title and description for the certificate if desired. Click on the “Apply” button to save your changes. The PDF certificate will now be added to your LinkedIn profile under the “Featured” section, allowing others to view and access it.
By adding your PDF certificate to your LinkedIn profile, you can showcase your professional achievements and qualifications to your network and potential employers. It’s a great way to provide evidence of your skills and expertise, enhancing your professional profile on the platform.
How to add certificate in LinkedIn app
To add a certificate to your LinkedIn profile using the LinkedIn app, follow these steps. Open the LinkedIn app on your mobile device and log in to your account. Then, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner to access your profile.
Scroll down to the “Accomplishments” section and tap on the “+” icon next to it. From the options that appear, select “Certification.” Fill in the required information, such as the certification name, issuing organization, and date of completion. You can also add any relevant details or a certificate URL if available. Tap on the “Save” button to add the certificate to your profile.
By adding your certificate through the LinkedIn app, you can conveniently showcase your professional accomplishments and enhance your profile’s credibility. This allows others to view your qualifications and expertise, increasing your visibility and credibility within your professional network.
How to add LinkedIn Learning certificate to profile
To add a LinkedIn Learning certificate to your LinkedIn profile, follow these straightforward steps. First, log in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile page. Look for the “Add profile section” button and click on it. From the options that appear, select “Certifications.”
On the certifications page, you’ll find a section where you can add your certifications. Click on the “+ Add” button to begin. In the pop-up window, select “LinkedIn Learning” as the certification authority. Then, enter the name of the course or program you completed, the issuing organization (LinkedIn Learning), and the date of completion.
After filling in the required information, click on the “Save” button to add the LinkedIn Learning certificate to your profile. The certificate will now be visible to your connections and others who visit your profile, showcasing your professional development and expertise in specific areas of study.
By adding your LinkedIn Learning certificate to your profile, you demonstrate your commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. It helps to validate your skills and knowledge in a specific subject matter and can be an impressive addition to your profile for potential employers or clients.
How to display certificates on LinkedIn? Just add them to your profile, that’s how. Having some certificates in your profile can help you a lot in your career path, but remember to avoid overstuffing the section.
It can and will scare the recruiters. You can get overqualified for the job you always wanted by adding so many certifications. So add them but don’t go too far.
What do I post on Linkedin when I get a certificate?
When you earn a certificate and want to share it on LinkedIn, you can create a post to showcase your achievement. Here’s a simple format for your LinkedIn certificate post:
- Start with a Grateful Introduction: Begin your post by expressing gratitude for the opportunity to earn the certificate. For example, “I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve completed [Name of Certificate]!”
- Highlight the Certificate: Include an image or digital copy of your certificate in your post. You can usually upload it as an image attachment.
- Share the Achievement: Briefly mention the significance of the certificate and what you learned or accomplished. You can say, “This certificate has deepened my knowledge in [relevant field] and will be a valuable asset in my career.”
- Express Thanks: If applicable, thank the organization or institution that provided the certification.
- Invite Engagement: Encourage engagement by asking your network for their thoughts, experiences, or advice related to the certificate topic. You could say, “I’d love to hear from my connections who have also pursued certifications in [field]. What was your experience?”
- Use Relevant Hashtags: Include relevant hashtags to increase the visibility of your post to those interested in the same topic.
- Proofread and Post: Before posting, double-check for any typos or errors, and then share your accomplishment with your LinkedIn network.
Remember, your LinkedIn certificate post is an opportunity to showcase your expertise and engage with your professional network. Keep it concise, informative, and positive to make a strong impression.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.