“Why don’t you go on and introduce yourself to your classmates?”
“So, what do you do?”
“Any special skills?”
There are thousands of similar questions in everyday conversations. They are too familiar, right? People usually like to know your expertise, where you work, what your skills are, etc., even before you get to say your name.
Because they usually have some keywords in their mind and try to see if you match them, then they decide if you are worth spending time on.
Yes, most people are like that. Not everyone is your family, you know? Talks about hashtags, and role as your keywords on LinkedIn.
They are what people (especially recruiters) can and will find you with. I mean, that’s how this world works, right? You can be a nobody without these keywords, whether in the natural or virtual world.
That is how vital this part is. So how to edit talks on LinkedIn?
These little hashtags are what recruiters usually look for. I mean yeah other sections are also important but a very fast🚆 and beneficial review can put you at the top of the resume review queue. All you need to do is to:
- Log in to your account
- Click on ‘Me’
- Click on ‘View Profile”
- Scroll down to see ‘Creator mode’, click on it
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen
- There is a message on top of it that says: “topics you select will be displayed on your profile to show potential followers what you post about most.”
- Click on the ‘Add topics’ and type any keywords you want to use to tempt other users like recruiters or potential clients to review your profile
- If you’ve already done that and now want to know how to edit talks on LinkedIn, click on any hashtags you want to remove; this will deactivate them, and you can add another hashtag
- Click on the ‘done’ button
*adding and editing talks out is the same on mobile app and desktop mode.
This hashtag talks about you, your expertise, skills, talents, etc., so choose wisely, for they will appear under your title and can determine your future career, clients, partners, and potential employees.
So be careful while choosing them; you only can add five talks about hashtags. Don’t worry about the number so much. Now that you know how to edit talks, you can permanently remove one and add another!