Appreciate the good👌 jobs of people🧑🤝🧑 to make them love❤️ their job! Yes, the studies showed that more than 70% of people🧑🤝🧑 who feel appreciated in their workplace love❤️ their job.
I mean, who doesn’t like❤️ being appreciated? We love❤️ to get credit for what we did and it can make us quit our job, even if it is a good👌 one when we feel underappreciated for a long time⏱️ in a certain company🏭.
You will get surprised if you know how simple kudos can change people’s minds. Human society is based on connections⛓️ and gratitude is a very important🖋️ part of it.
That is why LinkedIn decided🤔 to add kudos to its platform in 2018, to make it easier for the users to appreciate their colleagues’ good👌 jobs that might have solved a crucial problem or anything else. So how to give kudos on LinkedIn?
How to give kudos on LinkedIn?
First🥇 of all, you need to be connected to the people🧑🤝🧑 you want to give kudos to. Kudos is derived from a Greek word and means praise for an achievement.
It basically is like❤️ giving people🧑🤝🧑 a virtual high five but with a whole lot of benefits. We will get to that in its time⏱️, but first🥇, let’s see👀 how to give kudos on LinkedIn. There are two different ways to do it.
- Log into your account
- Click on ‘Start a post’ at the top of your home page
- Click on to celebrate an occasion
- Select ‘Give kudos’
- Write the name of the user(s) you want to give kudos to
- Click Next
- Select one of the cards that are suggested
- Click done
- You can add a personal note to the prepared one or add hashtags
- Click the post button.
- You can decide🤔 who can see👀 this post (anyone, anyone + Twitter, connections⛓️ only) or comment on the post.
- Sign in
- Search the person you want to give kudos to in the search bar in the top left corner of your home page
- Open their profile
- Click on the ‘More’ button
- Select ‘Give kudos’ from the dropdown menu
- Select one of the cards that are there
- Define if you want to post the kudos or want to send it in a message to that connection
- Add some hashtags and tap on the post button
Kudos types and benefits
LinkedIn kudos have some different kinds and benefits. You can select the most suitable👌 card from the list below to praise someone’s good👌 job.
- Thank You
- Going Above and Beyond
- Inspirational Leader
- Team Player
- Great Job
- Making Work Fun
- Amazing Mentor
- Outside the Box Thinker
- Great Presentation
- Making an Impact
As mentioned, kudos have a lot of benefits. They can be a recommendation-like thing, and who wouldn’t like❤️ something like❤️ that?
Besides, the colleagues and employees👨💼 who received kudos are very likely to return the favor by giving kudos to other teammates and even their managers.
It also can motivate employees👨💼. You know how hard it is to keep the employees👨💼 motivated and inspired, right? Kudos makes it much easier, and it gives you less than two minutes.
You may know that the main reason for employees👨💼 who quit their job is that they feel their employers, co-workers, managers, etc., do not appreciate the things they do in a company🏭.
I am saying this out of experience, when you give kudos to someone, you probably receive private messages💬 like: “thanks, you made my day!”, “You have no idea💡 how much I needed this today!” or “Wow, thanks, no one has ever mentioned anything like❤️ this before.” So what are you waiting for? You know how to give kudos on LinkedIn now, so go on and give some.