Appreciate the good jobs of people to make them love their job! Yes, the studies showed that more than 70% of people who feel appreciated in their workplace love their job.
I mean, who doesn’t like being appreciated? We love to get credit for what we did and it can make us quit our job, even if it is a good one when we feel underappreciated for a long time in a certain company.
You will get surprised if you know how simple kudos can change people’s minds. Human society is based on connections and gratitude is a very important part of it.
That is why LinkedIn decided to add kudos to its platform in 2018, to make it easier for the users to appreciate their colleagues’ good jobs that might have solved a crucial problem or anything else. So how to give kudos on LinkedIn?
How to give kudos on LinkedIn?
First of all, you need to be connected to the people you want to give kudos to. Kudos is derived from a Greek word and means praise for an achievement.
It basically is like giving people a virtual high five but with a whole lot of benefits. We will get to that in its time, but first, let’s see how to give kudos on LinkedIn. There are two different ways to do it.
- Log into your account
- Click on ‘Start a post’ at the top of your home page
- Click on to celebrate an occasion
- Select ‘Give kudos’
- Write the name of the user(s) you want to give kudos to
- Click Next
- Select one of the cards that are suggested
- Click done
- You can add a personal note to the prepared one or add hashtags
- Click the post button.
- You can decide who can see this post (anyone, anyone + Twitter, connections only) or comment on the post.
- Sign in
- Search the person you want to give kudos to in the search bar in the top left corner of your home page
- Open their profile
- Click on the ‘More’ button
- Select ‘Give kudos’ from the dropdown menu
- Select one of the cards that are there
- Define if you want to post the kudos or want to send it in a message to that connection
- Add some hashtags and tap on the post button
Kudos types and benefits
LinkedIn kudos have some different kinds and benefits. You can select the most suitable card from the list below to praise someone’s good job.
- Thank You
- Going Above and Beyond
- Inspirational Leader
- Team Player
- Great Job
- Making Work Fun
- Amazing Mentor
- Outside the Box Thinker
- Great Presentation
- Making an Impact
As mentioned, kudos have a lot of benefits. They can be a recommendation-like thing, and who wouldn’t like something like that?
Besides, the colleagues and employees who received kudos are very likely to return the favor by giving kudos to other teammates and even their managers.
It also can motivate employees. You know how hard it is to keep the employees motivated and inspired, right? Kudos makes it much easier, and it gives you less than two minutes.
You may know that the main reason for employees who quit their job is that they feel their employers, co-workers, managers, etc., do not appreciate the things they do in a company.
I am saying this out of experience, when you give kudos to someone, you probably receive private messages like: “thanks, you made my day!”, “You have no idea how much I needed this today!” or “Wow, thanks, no one has ever mentioned anything like this before.” So what are you waiting for? You know how to give kudos on LinkedIn now, so go on and give some.