Have you ever messaged a video to your connections on LinkedIn? How to send a video message on LinkedIn? These questions sound silly. That’s why video messages have become a normal process for many professional members of LinkedIn.
Even if you’re a professional communicator, you’ll need to send video messages to attract more attention from your audience, especially on the LinkedIn platform.
So if you’re curious to know more about how to send video messages on LinkedIn, read our guide to the end.
LinkedIn video messages
For clearer and better communication between users with their connections network, LinkedIn has provided the possibility of messaging only in its mobile application.
Why send video messages on LinkedIn?
Considering that our era is the world of videos & images, it can be said that in almost all social media, video messages have become popular among users. Hence, video messaging has also found its niche more than ever on LinkedIn.
Although text messages are used more by LinkedIn members, they can’t help you much in some cases, like describing a product.
And this is exactly where a LinkedIn video message can be more useful and effective than any other tool.
Hyperise mentions that through a simple video message on LinkedIn, you can effortlessly share all your prospects, business goals, and product descriptions, and anything to your connections.
One of the crucial points you need to know in learning how to send a video message on LinkedIn is that your connections with LinkedIn members are graded on this platform, containing 1st-degree, 2nd-degree, and 3rd-degree connections.
It’s worth mentioning that according to LinkedIn, you can only send video messages directly for free to your 1st-degree connections from the following sections on LinkedIn:
- Your messaging page
- LinkedIn messaging conversation windows
- Your connections page
- LinkedIn members’ profile page
How to send a video message on LinkedIn from the LinkedIn mobile application?
However, to create a good and ideal relationship with a network of LinkedIn connections, you can send a personal video message.
Keep in mind that you can only use the LinkedIn mobile app to send a video message on LinkedIn.
For this purpose, all you have to do is follow these easy steps below:
Step 1. Go to your LinkedIn mobile app and open your messages, then select the person in your network you want to send a video message.
Step 2: Click the “+” sign at the bottom left of your chat room.
Step 3: From the options in the opened box, click on the “Video” icon.
Step 4: As soon as you select the video icon, record a video of yourself and send your message by pressing the right arrow.
Is there any other solution to sending personalized LinkedIn videos besides video recording capability on LinkedIn?
It’s worth mentioning that in addition to the video recording feature on LinkedIn, there are other tools, Chrome extensions, and applications for LinkedIn video messaging, including Video form, Sendspark, Bombomb, etc., which help you easily record, send, or share a video to your connections on this platform.
Here are some points to keep in mind:
- While sending a LinkedIn video, you can also send a text message.
- You can only send video messages or any other messages directly to your 1st connections.
- To record a good and professional video message to introduce yourself to others on LinkedIn, be confident and record yourself several times in advance.
- You can already send the video file you recorded to your 1st connections network via messaging.
Stay with us if you don’t know how to send a recorded video file to your friends on LinkedIn.
How to send a video on LinkedIn from a desktop & mobile app?
In a few simple steps, you can send a video as an attachment to your 1st connections on LinkedIn from a PC.
1. First, go to the LinkedIn website and log in to your LinkedIn account. After navigating to LinkedIn, the Messaging icon will be visible at the top of the page.
2. From the menu at the top of the LinkedIn page, click on the Messaging button on any page of your LinkedIn account to make messaging available to you.
By clicking on this section, you can see the messages that have been sent to you.
3. Click on the pen on a paper sign as shown in the picture below at the top of the messaging page.
If the person you’re looking for is not on your message list, you can use this section to write a new message.
4. Choose the connection you want from the list shown to you.
5. Click on the attachment sign, select the desired video file from your desktop, and finally click on the send flash icon.
Besides the messaging page, you can utilize your LinkedIn connections page to send a video to a connection by following these steps:
1. Click the My Network icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
2. Click on the Connections tab on the left pane.
3. From your list of connections, select the recipient you want to send a video and click the Message button next to her or his name.
4. Click on the attachment sign, choose your video, and then tap the Send button.
How do you share a posted video of your feed with connections on LinkedIn?
You may want to share a video with your connections network via a private message from your feed.
To do that, all you need to do is:
1. Click the ➤ Send icon below the video post in your feed.
2. Enter the name of the target recipient in the Type a name field of the New message box.
3. Click the Send button.
Why can’t you send a video on LinkedIn?
It might be an unsupported file type if you can’t upload a video file from your computer or mobile device to LinkedIn. And as a result, you’ll receive an error message.
Bear in mind that LinkedIn only supports the following file types:
It should be noted that the size of the video file you want to share on LinkedIn mustn’t exceed 5 GB and its duration mustn’t exceed 15 minutes on the desktop and 10 minutes on the mobile app.
When you want to send the video file to your connections, if you don’t meet the above conditions, you’ll definitely face problems, and consequently, you can’t send a video on LinkedIn.
Video messages help you get a great impression from your connections on LinkedIn. Now that in this article, you’ve learned how to send a video message on LinkedIn, to communicate more with your friends, you’ll certainly use the video recording feature on LinkedIn to send a message.