If you’ve recently changed your education and you wish to notify your LinkedIn network about these important changes, but you don’t know how to share education update on LinkedIn, don’t worry. We’ll cover all the information you need here.
Can you let your network know when you update your LinkedIn profile?
As we all know, to grow your network and career connections, search for jobs, and more, you need to improve your LinkedIn profile by updating its sections like Education, Skills, Experience, etc.
The good news is that you can choose whether or not your network will be informed of positive changes to your profile on the LinkedIn platform.
With the LinkedIn profile’s settings and privacy, you’ll be provided with a level of confidence to make the most of this platform just like sharing your profile updates. But there’s a point that you should be aware of when updating your job, education, etc. changes on your LinkedIn profile.
Before updating your LinkedIn profile, make sure that the notifications of your LinkedIn activity haven’t been toggled off on your LinkedIn Settings & Privacy page.
However, as you may be the type of individual who regularly update your profile, as well as you wouldn’t like your LinkedIn network to be informed of any changes you make to your profile, you may conclude that you have no choice but to switch off your profile update notifications.
How to share education update on LinkedIn?
Accordingly, in order to share your key profile updates such as education, new job, certificate, etc., on LinkedIn, you need to enable the notifications of sharing profile updates, as follows:
1. At the top of your LinkedIn homepage, under your photo, navigate to the Me menu.
2. From the drop-down menu, click on Settings & Privacy and go to your LinkedIn settings page.
3. Within the Visibility page, from the Visibility of your LinkedIn activity section, click on the Share profile updates with your network option.
4. On the Sharing profile edits page, switch the Share key profile updates button from Off to On.
By following these simple steps above, you can now log into your profile and scroll down to the Education section and click the “+ “ sign to add your new education.
Now you’ll see that you’ve shared your education update with your network on LinkedIn, letting them know about this significant change on your profile right away.
Here are hot tips:
- It’s worth mentioning that whenever you want to stop sharing edits and updates of your profiles with your network on LinkedIn, you must switch the toggle to Off.
- In addition, you don’t need to save the changes related to the settings, they’re saved automatically.
- You need to know that activating notifications of changes to your profile will be created as a post in your network feed.
- Keep in mind that your education updates may take up to 24 hours to be shared with your network. So wait a while for the changes to take effect.
To sum up
Let’s get back to the main topic: How to share education update on LinkedIn? If you’ve just graduated college and are excited to let your LinkedIn network know about it, we recommend that you first make certain you haven’t disabled your profile’s share notification settings.
Then feel free to edit the Education section of your profile by switching on the Share key profile updates button in the Settings & Privacy section of your LinkedIn page.
Now that you’ve learned how to do it, don’t waste time and get started now! In case of problems, you can ask for help from our experts via commenting.