This article is a complete source of Snapchat statistics helping data teams and marketers to make the most of this popular app in 2023.
What is Snapchat used for?
American Snapchat is a very famous network among teenagers and kids through which users can instantly share messages (called snaps). The users can send texts, images, films, and drawings via Snapchat online.
If I want to explain Snapchat’s goal in one sentence, that is, “Let’s live in the moment and have fun together!”
Why is Snapchat famous among teenagers more than adults?
- It is simple to use
- They can share every moments of their lives via Snapchat with their friends
- It has many fun and appealing tools
- Snapchat tools for editing photo and video have many fans
- Teenagers can enhance their images and videos and make them more fabulous
- Messages on Snapchat disappear after they’re viewed
- It is a picture-perfect way for having fun with friends
Read the rest of this article to be aware of many must-to-know Snapchat statistics 2022-2023. Checking them one by one if you want to create a meticulous plan for Snapchat marketing and advertising.
Click on any of the parts below to see to-the-point related data and the latest Snapchat stats:
- Snapchat History And General Data
- Snapchat Financial Report
- Snapchat Users Statistics
- Snapchat Marketing And Advertising Statistics
- Snap Statistics
- Snapchat Tools
Snapchat History And General Data
1. When was Snapchat first out?
Snapchat was released on September 16, 2011.
2. What was Snapchat originally called?
First, it was “Picaboo”, which was available only on the iOS operating system. Then the creators rebranded it to “Snapchat” and made its Android version too.
3. Who created Snapchat and why?
Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown, and Bobby Murphy made Snapchat in 2011.
They were students of Stanford University. They aimed to create an online platform for sharing photos with friends, an app that does not stand only based on text messages, with more appealing features and tools.
4. Who owns Snapchat currently?
Evan Spiegel & Bobby Murphy
5. Which country made the Snapchat app?
Snapchat Inc. was established in the USA.
6. How many employees does Snapchat have?
Snapchat had 5,661 in 2021.
7. Is Snapchat available on pc?
Previously Snapchat was available only on smartphones.
In 2022, the windows version of Snapchat was released via web.Snapchat.com. You need to use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Read “How to Use Snapchat on Windows” in Forbes for more data or watch “How To Get Snapchat On Computer 2022” from YouTube.
8. How do I download Snapchat on my phone?
You can download Snapchat application from Google Play or App Store for your mobile.
9. What countries blocked Snapchat?
China, Islamic Republic of Iran, Cuba, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Indonesia, and India are the countries that have blocked or restricted Snapchat.
10. Does Snapchat work in Germany?
The Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur) of Germany blocked Snapchat, as they believe it is not an appropriate app for teenagers and adolescents.
Snapchat Financial Report
1. Snapchat revenue 2020 to 2022
Snapchat’s annual revenue was US $ 4.6 billion in 2022, US $ 0.48 billion more than 2021.
The annual revenue of Snapchat was US $ 4.12 billion in 2021, which was US $ 2.5 billion in 2020.
2. Snapchat annual revenue by region from 2019 to 2021
Every year from 2019 to 2021, Snapchat’s highest revenue based on region is related to North America.
As you can see in the chart below, Snapchat’s revenue in Europe in 2019 and 2020 was less than the rest of the world while in 2021, it exceeded that of the rest of the world.
Snapchat Users Statistics
1. Countries with most Snapchat users 2022
India, USA, and France had respectively the most Snapchat users in 2022.
144.35 million users of Snapchat are from India.
The USA is in second place with 107.95 million Snapchat users.
The difference between the number of Snapchat users in the USA and France is significant, around 83 million.
France with 24.7 million users is the third country with the most Snapchat users worldwide. The rest of the top countries in the fourth to tenth place can be seen in the picture below.
2. Which country has the most Snapchat users?
As of 2022, India with 144.35 million audience is the first country with the most number of Snapchat users.
3. Snapchat active users 2022
Snapchat had 363 million Daily Active Users as of December 2022, which is 57 million increase from Q3 2021 when it had 306 million daily users.
4. Snapchat users by gender 2022-2023
Female users of Snapchat are more than male users. Around 54.4% of Snapchat users are female and approximately 44.6% of them are male.
5. Snapchat user age distribution 2022-2023
- 13 to 17: 121.9 million
- 18 to 24: 232.2 million
- 25 to 34: 133.5 million
- 35 to 49: 79.3 million
- +50: 21.1 million
6. What is the target age group for Snapchat?
Snapchat is most famous among younger people as it provides funnier and real time tools suitable for their age.
7. How many hours a day do people spend on Snapchat?
Snapchat reported that its users spend more than 30 minutes on Snapchat per day. In 2021, the similar time was reported by eMarketer too, approximately 28 minutes.
Nevertheless, according to Influencer Marketing Hub, Snapchat’s users spent nearly 50 minutes in the Snapchat app per day in 2021!
8. What can users do on Snapchat?
A wide range of activities are possible in Snapchat including messaging and chatting, sharing videos and images, live video chatting, creating caricature-like Bitmoji avatars, and sharing a chronological “story”.
9. How much time does an average Snapchat user use its camera per day?
On average, Snapchat users use the app’s camera over 30 times and over 30 minutes per day.
Snapchat Marketing and Advertising Statistics
1. Is it worth it to advertise on Snapchat 2023?
Snapchat claimed that ads on Snapchat can be seen by 616.9 million users from all corners of the world in 2022.
2. Snapchat ad demographics
- Around 20.5% of Snapchat’s ad audiences are between 13 to 17 years old, 121.9 million.
- Around 39.1% of Snapchat’s audiences are between 18 to 24 years old, 232.2 million.
- Around 22.6% of Snapchat’s ad audiences are between 25 to 34 years old, 133.5 million.
- Around 13.4% of Snapchat’s ad audiences between 35 to 49 years old, 79.3 million.
- Around 3.6% of Snapchat’s ad audiences are over 50 years old, 21.1 million.
3. Snapchat ad cost 2022
4. Snapchat annual spending from 2015 to 2021 (in millions)
1. What is snap on Snapchat?
Any instant picture that a SnapChat’s user shares on Snapchat is known as “Snap”.
Also, Snap refers to any disappearing photo and video in Snapchat.
2. Does snap mean photo?
The word snap means ‘to take a lot of photographs quickly’ (Cambridge Dictionary).
Snapchat is a social app in which users can share lots of photos and messages instantly, mostly for the purpose of fun. Hence, the word snap in this name is a good and meaningful choice!
3. How many snaps are created on Snapchat per day?
As of 2022, more than 210 million snaps are created on Snapchat per day.
4. What is snap score in snapchat?
The number of snaps you send to other users and receive on Snapchat is snap score.
You can see and check it on your Snapchat profile.
5. Does Snapchat delete snaps and chats? If yes, when?
Yes, the unopened snaps and chats in Snapchat disappear after 31 days if you have sent a snap in a one-on-one chat (Snapchat).
Moreover, the opened snaps and chats in Snapchat disappear as soon as the recipient sees it.
If you send a snap to a group, it is available in the group for 7 days unless all members of the group see it.
In other words, if all members of the group see your snap within 7 days, the snap is deleted and if all the members do not see it, it remains in the group for 7 days on max and after that the snap is deleted even if the remaining recipients do not see it.
1. What is AR on Snapchat?
AR which stands for augmented reality is used in the Snapchat app in the form of filters to improve real objects by computerized technology.
“Snapchat Lenses AR experiences transform the way you look and the world around you!” (Snapchat) (https://support.snapchat.com/a/face-world-lenses)
3D effects, objects, characters, and transformations can all be added to snaps with the help of AR filters to make fabulous snaps.
2. How many Snapchat users use AR filters?
Approximately 63% of Snapchat’s daily active users use AR filters of the app.
3. What is the spotlight on Snapchat?
Spotlights, established in November 2020, are vertical short videos on Snapchat for producing user-generated content.
4. Who can see the spotlight on Snapchat?
It is important to consider that your snaps in spotlight can be seen by all Snapchat users worldwide and even non-Snapchat users can see them in other websites. They are public!
They are very helpful when you intend to connect with the global Snapchat community rather than just your private community.
5. How long can a spotlight be?
Snapchat’s spotlight should be at least 4 seconds and 60 seconds on max.
6. What is Snap map in Snapchat?
You can see the snaps from all corners of the world like breaking news, ceremonies, and events on snap maps. This is a communicating map created to improve people’s connection!
You can share your location with friends and see their location via snap map if they allow it to be seen with you. Exploring new places, viewing the stories of other Snapchat’s users are possible via snap map.
7. When Snapchat released games?
Snapchat games were released in April 2019 via which users can play various games alone or with their friends online, more communication with Snapchat games.
8. How many games are there on snapchat 2022?
Around 50 different games are available on Snapchat for your alone or group playing.