First, let us briefly examine Twitter marketing trends before starting the main discussion of Twitter stats 2022. This article is a good response to the question of “Is Twitter growing or shrinking?” that has occupied many marketers’ thoughts after October 2022 that Elon Musk purchased Twitter.
People connect with each other on Twitter for conversation and self-expression in real time. However, its use for marketing and advertising due the huge number of its users has become significant today.
What type of marketing is Twitter?
Honestly, millions of users from all corners of the world in Twitter have made a perfect chance for brands to generate leads and boost sales via Twitter if marketers disperse quality and appealing tweets and data in Twitter and focus on the latest Twitter marketing statistics.
What is the purpose of Twitter marketing?
- Brand recognition
- More website traffic
- Lead generation
- Sales increase
- More revenue
- Better customer service
What do twitter managers do?
Twitter managers and marketing teams should do their best in order to authenticate their brand. The points mentioned below can all help them in this process:
- Set goals
- Plan Tweets in advance
- Post original tweets
- Build relationships with other Twitter
- Manage Twitter ads and costs
- Tweet at the best hours and days
- Analyze Twitter metrics
- Check Twitter stats regularly
Let us enter the up-to-the-minute Twitter stats for 2023! Click any of the main groups you like to know more about.
- Twitter History Statistics
- Twitter and Elon Musk!
- Twitter Worth Statistics
- Twitter Financial Statistics
- Twitter App Statistics
- Twitter Language Statistics
- Twitter Usage Statistics/Twitter User Statistics
- Twitter Follow Statistics
- Twitter Tweet Statistics (text, image, video, GIF, live, link)
- Twitter Emoji Stats
- Twitter Ads Statistics
- Twitter Hashtags Statistics
- When to Tweet Stats
- Twitter News Statistics
- Celebrity Twitter Stats
- Twitter & Google relationship Statistics
Twitter History Statistics
1. What type of company is Twitter?
Twitter, Inc. is a communications company.
2. What is Twitter URL address?
3. Who made Twitter?
Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams launched twitter but the real founder of Twitter was Jack Dorsey.
4. When Twitter was founded?
Twitter was created on March 21, 2006.
5. Who bought twitter 2022?
On October 27, 2022, Elon Musk purchased Twitter (read the next part of this article for full details)!
6. Where is Twitter Company located (HQ)?
Twitter is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
7. How many twitter offices are there by 2022?
Twitter has over 25 offices across the globe in 2022. Six of them are in the US.
8. Which countries is twitter banned in 2022?
9. Which countries have banned twitter temporarily?
- Turkey (2014 temporary block)
- Nigeria (2021–2022 temporary block)
- Egypt (2011 temporary block)
10. Twitter logo
Twitter and Elon Musk!
1. Did Elon Musk buy Twitter?
Yes, Elon Musk bought Twitter on October 27, 2022.
2. Does Elon Musk own 100 percent of Twitter?
Elon Musk started to buy shares of Twitter in January 2022. Then in April 2022, he became Twitter’s first shareholder who owned a 9.1 percent ownership stake.
Finally, in October 2022, he purchased Twitter completely and became the CEO of Twitter.
3. How much did Elon actually pay for Twitter in 2022?
This is the largest money being paid for a tech-company in history!
4. Why did Elon Musk buy Twitter?
The future of civilization is better to “have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner” said Elon Musk.
5. How many users has Twitter lost since Musk purchased Twitter?
From October 27, 2022, when Elon Musk purchased Twitter until November 1, 2022, around 877K of Twitter users deactivated their accounts.
In addition, Twitter suspended approximately 497K accounts in the same period.
6. How many people did Elon lay off after buying Twitter?
Elon Musk laid off around 50% of Twitter’s workforce, or approximately 3,700 jobs after buying Twitter in October 2022!
He believed that too many employees were working in Twitter as content moderators, app safety, and marketing teams that is not necessary.
7. Does Elon Musk’s latest decision to lay off employees influence the Twitter ads’ revenue?
According to The Washington Post, “Without an adequate number of content moderators, there is a greater chance that hates speech, harassment, misinformation, and spam will grow on the site.”
That is why some big companies like General Motors Co. and Pfizer Inco. have suspended working with Twitter. They preferred to wait and see what would be the result.
“Ads contribute about 90% of Twitter’s revenue” and the SMEs and big companies staying away from Twitter’s advertising will affect the Twitter’s ads revenue directly.
On the other hand, Statista said “Forecasts released shortly after the change in ownership projected that Twitter’s ad revenue would increase some five percent in 2022 to reach 4.67 billion dollars but would then remain nearly flat for two consecutive years”.
There is no other way than waiting for the results!
Twitter Worth Statistics
1. Is Twitter still popular 2022? Is Twitter dying or growing?!
Millions of Twitter users worldwide can hear your company’s voice through Twitter. It is one of the most famous social apps for lead generation and brand awareness.
However, a small group of experts is worried about the future of Twitter after being purchased by Elon Musk in October 2022 and even some companies stop advertising on Twitter to see what will happen in the future.
Let us look at Twitter rank and progress in recent years. About the future, it is better to approach a wait-and-see strategy! However, the Statista prediction in question 3 is positive about the future of Twitter.
2. What is the rank of Twitter among the top social media sites and messengers in 2022?
Twitter with 436M MAUs (Monthly Active Users) in 2022 has the 15th most-used app among social networking channels and messengers.
Facebook, YouTube, and WhatsApp are respectively in the 1st to 3rd place and each of them have over 2 billion MAUs. Instagram, WeChat, and TikTok, the fifth to seventh most-used social media in 2022 have over 1 billion MAUs each.
The other top social channels have less than 1 billion MAUs each and Twitter is one them placed in the 15th place.
However, keep in mind that Twitter has taken the 15th place in the list of very popular and giant social media, which is not an easy job!
3. What will be the future of twitter in the next 3 years?
Statista predicted that Twitter MAUs would increase to 497.48 million in 2025, which is around 450M in 2022.
Twitter Financial Statistics
1. What is Twitter’s annual revenue from 2013 to 2022? (in billion US $)
Twitter’s annual revenue is $ US 5.1 billion in 2022 which was $ US 5.07 billion in 2021.
2. Twitter revenue progress from 2013 to 2022
3. Twitter quarterly revenue from 2020 to 2022 (in billion $)
4. Twitter market cap 2022
In October 2022, Twitter had a market cap of $38.66B.
5. Twitter net profit 2022
Twitter net profit in Q2 2022 was -$270M
Twitter App Statistics
1. Does Twitter work on a computer?
Twitter is downloadable from the Microsoft Store and can be used on Windows.
2. What programming languages are used at Twitter?
3. Is Twitter available on Android?
Yea, Twitter is available on:
4. Can I download Twitter on Play Store and Google Play?
You can download Twitter on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV or on Google Play for Android.
5. How many times has twitter been downloaded in Google Play as of 2022?
As of 2022, Twitter has been downloaded over one billion times via Google Play.
6. What percentage of users use Twitter on a mobile device 2022?
Around 80% Twitter users use smartphones to check Twitter.
7. Distribution of Twitter desktop traffic as of May 2022, by country
Twitter Language Statistics
1. How many languages are available on Twitter 2022?
Twitter supports 34 languages in 2022.
2. What languages is Twitter available in 2022?
English, Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Persian, Finnish, Filipino, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Chinese (simplified), and Chinese (traditional).
3. What is the default language of twitter 2022?
4. What language is used the most on Twitter?
Japanese, Portuguese, and Indonesian languages are respectively the most used languages on Twitter after English.
Twitter Usage Statistics/Twitter User Statistics
1. What do people use Twitter for the most in the US?
- 48% to get news
- 48% for entertainment
- 34% to keep in contact with friends and family
- 33% to follow brands/companies
- 14% to strengthen their professional network
- 12% for other purposes
As you can see above, Twitter is used mostly as a way to get informed and as an entertainment tool.
2. How many Twitter users are there in the world 2022?
In 2022, Twitter has approximately 450M monthly active users (MAUs).
As of Q2 2022, Twitter has nearly 238M monetizable daily active users (mDAUs).
3. What are the top 5 countries that use twitter in 2022?
4. Number of active Twitter users by region in million (based on Twitter’s advertising audience data for July 2022)
5. What gender uses Twitter the most 2022?
According to Statista, most of the worldwide Twitter users are male (over 56%) and women are less interested in using it.
- 56.4% of Twitter users worldwide are male
- 43.6% of Twitter users worldwide are female
This data can help marketers focus more on the types of content and ads more suitable for men than women. However, based on your page type, purpose, industry, business, and many other factors, the most suitable data is different for your page. So it is better you analyze your page before making any decision.
6. What generation uses Twitter the most 2022?
As you can see in the picture below, people aged between 25 to 34 are the first group of Twitter users (38.5%). The second group of Twitter users age between 35 to 49.
Afterwards, the Twitter users who are older than 50 years and who age between 18 to 24 both consist of 17.1% of Twitter users each. Teenagers of 13 to 17 years old are the last group (6.6%).
7. What percentage of Twitter users also use other social media?
8. What percentage of people use Twitter in the US 2022?
Based on Pew Research, almost 23% US adults use Twitter (one-in-five).
9. Which one is more likely to use Twitter in the US: democrats or republicans?
Democrats are more likely to use Twitter than republicans in the US.
32% of democrats and 17% of republicans reported using Twitter social channels.
10. Education background of US Twitter users
Twitter Follow Statistics
1. What is Twitter following limit per day 2022?
- Every Twitter accounts: up to 400 accounts per day
- Verified Twitter accounts: up to 1000 accounts per day
2. What happens when I follow 5000 on Twitter?
Every Twitter account can follow 5,000 accounts at maximum. Afterwards, you need to wait until more people follow your Twitter page.
The number of people needed to follow your account in this case differs for various Twitter pages and is calculated automatically by Twitter based on the unique ratio of followers to following.
3. How do you calculate following to follower ratio on Twitter?
Divide the number of your followers by the number of accounts you follow.
4. What should be the ratio of followers and following?
“An ideal following vs followers ratio is 1.0 and anything near (0.75 to 1.25) 1.0 ratio” if you aim to increase your followers says Neal Schaffer.
In other words, you need to have at least 100 followers if you have followed 100 people.
- 10 Following 100 Followers = 10.0 Ratio
- 100 Following 100 Followers = 1.0 Ratio
- 100 Following 10 Followers = 0.1 Ratio
5. What is follower churning?
Twitter defines “follow churn” as the process of “following and then unfollowing large numbers of accounts in an effort to inflate one’s own follower count”.
6. Is follow unfollow a good strategy Twitter?
No, the accounts that follow a large number of people and then unfollow them in order to get more followers are in danger of suspension by Twitter.
7. What is an indiscriminate following on Twitter?
The process of following and unfollowing many unrelated Twitter accounts in a short time, particularly by automated means, is known as indiscriminate following, which may cause your account to be suspended.
Twitter Tweet Statistics
1. How many tweets per day on twitter in 2022?
More than 500M tweets are posted on Twitter per day.
More than 600K tweets are posted on Twitter per second.
2. What is tweet character limit 2022?
In 2022, tweets cannot be longer than 280 characters.
3. Is Twitter 280 characters with or without spaces?
It is worth mentioning that spaces between words of tweets are counted as characters.
4. What is the best character count for Twitter?
Tweets that have between 71 and 100 characters are more successful in audiences’ attention-grabbing.
5. Do tweets with images do better?
Images in tweets increase retweets by 150% as images improve interaction with audiences.
6. What is the twitter image size limit?
7. Can you add video to Twitter posts?
Yes, people on Twitter can add videos to their tweets for more interaction and engagement.
8. Are videos effective on Twitter?
Tweets that have video attract 10x more engagements than tweets with no video.
9. What is Twitter video length limit?
Videos can be up to 2 minutes and 20 seconds long on Twitter.
10. Is there a size limit for Twitter videos 2022?
The shared videos on Twitter can be up to 512 MB.
11. Can you post a video and picture simultaneously on Twitter?
Twitter users can upload mixed media on iOS and Android. Up to four images, videos, and/or GIFs can be added to any tweet to increase engagement and follower growth rates.
12. Can you post live videos on Twitter?
In the Twitter app on mobile phones, you can go live.
Twitter Emoji Stats
1. Do Emojis increase engagement on Twitter?
According to SproutSocial, adding Emojis to tweets helps companies’ pages to get 25% more engagement.
2. What is the most common emoji 2022 on Twitter?
Face with tears of joy 😂 is the most used emoji on Twitter in 2022.
3. What is the most popular emoji on Twitter in the US 2022?
4. What is the #1 most used emoji on Twitter in the UK?
5. Which emoji is the most widely used on Twitter in Australia?
6. What are the most used emoji in 2022 on Twitter in Canada?
Twitter Ads Statistics
1. What is reach in Twitter ads?
In 2022, there are around 4.95 billion users on the web and Twitter ads are capable of reaching 8.8% of all the web users.
In July 2022, advertisers reached 486M users on Twitter. “The total number of users that marketers can reach with ads on Twitter increased by roughly 21 million (+4.5%) in the three months leading up to July 2022” as mentioned on DataReportal.
2. What are the main types of advertising on twitter?
As mentioned in Business Twitter, Twitter has 5 types of ads including:
- Twitter image adds: advertise your product/service by only one photo.
- Twitter video ads: advertise your product/service via videos. They are also good to increase engagement with the audience and deliver your company’s message to them.
- Twitter carousel ads: advertise your products/services via up to 6 images or videos.
- Twitter moment ads: you can collect several invaluable tweets to make an appealing story, which should not exceed 280 characters.
- Twitter text ads: they are like standard Tweets in which no media component can be used.
3. What are the most effective media for advertising in 2022? What is the rank of Twitter?
Based on a global survey published by Statista, Facebook is the leading social platform used by marketers worldwide as of January 2022 followed respectively by Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Twitter is the fifth most effective social network for marketing purposes.
TikTok and Snapchat ranked the sixth and seventh most effective social networks after Twitter.
4. Does Twitter make money from ads? How much of Twitter’s revenue is from ads?
Ads contribute about 90% of Twitter’s revenue in 2022.
Twitter Hashtags Statistics
1. What is hashtag in Twitter?
According to Twitter Business, “adding a “#” to the beginning of an unbroken word or phrase creates a hashtag”.
2. Importance of hashtags on twitter
“When you use a hashtag in a Tweet, it becomes linked to all of the other Tweets that include it. Including a hashtag gives your Tweet context and allows people to easily follow topics that they’re interested in” as mentioned in Twitter Business.
3. Do hashtags improve Twitter engagement 2022?
Yes, using 1 to 2 hashtags increase engagement on Twitter as follow:
- Individual accounts: 1 to 2 hashtags improve their engagement by 100%!
- Business accounts: 1 to 2 hashtags improve their engagement by 50%!
4. Do hashtags increase the chance of being retweeted?
Yes! Using hashtags increases the chance of being retweeted by 55%!
5. How many hashtags are effective on Twitter 2022?
1 or 2
Adding one or two hashtags to your tweets are recommended by experts.
6. Is it better to use more or less hashtags on Twitter?
Keep in mind that using over two hashtags in a tweet can decrease engagement by 17%!
7. What is trending hashtag in twitter?
The viral hashtags that too many users on Twitter use are known as trending hashtags. They are usually related to big and important events and happenings.
8. What is the average hashtags per day on Twitter 2022?
In 2022, 125M hashtags are tweeted per day on average.
9. What are the most trending hashtag on Twitter 2022?
Twitter News Statistics
1. Is Twitter a news source in 2022?
“Unlike traditional news platforms such as newspapers and news shows, social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and WhatsApp, allow people without professional journalistic backgrounds to create news and cover events that news agencies might not cover” according to Wikipedia.
2. What percentage of people on Twitter use it to read news?
In 2022, approximately 85% of worldwide Twitter users check the news via Twitter at least once a day.
3. What percentage of people on Twitter tweet about news?
In 2022, around 83% of people on Twitter Tweet about news!
4. What percentage of people on Twitter have followed an account about news in the previous year?
- Reports showed that 55% of Twitter users have followed a local news Twitter account in the previous year.
- Moreover, 50% of Twitter users say that they followed an international news Twitter account in the previous year.
- 50% of Twitter users have followed a journalist Twitter account in the past year
5. What social media is used the most for news in the UK in 2022?
A survey published in Statista showed that as of February 2022, Twitter was the most-used social platform for checking news in the UK.
6. How many tweets were about the news in 2022?
As mentioned in Twitter Blog, “In the first 6.5 months of 2022, there were 4.6B Tweets about news in the US (#1) and 10.4B Tweets about news globally (#2)”.
Celebrity Twitter Stats
1. What are the most followed twitter accounts as of November 2022?
As of November 2022, the 10 most followed Twitter accounts are:
- @BarackObama: As of November 2022, the former US President, Barack Obama had the highest number of followers on Twitter (133.3M). His Twitter account was launched in 2007.
- @elonmusk: with 115.9M followers as of November 2022, Elon Musk’s account, created on 2009, is the second most followed account on Twitter.
- @justinbieber: Justin Bieber – the Canadian singer – whose Twitter account was opened on 2009, had 113.7 million followers on Twitter on November 2022.
- @katyperry: Katy Perry with 108.8 million followers is the fourth most followed account on Twitter as of November 2022. She opened her page in 2009.
- @rihanna: Rihanna is the fifth most followed influencer on Twitter with 107.1 million followers as of November 2022.
- @Cristiano: The sixth most followed Twitter account is Cristiano Ronaldo’s page – popular football player- that was created in 2010. It has 104.8 million followers as of November 2022.
- @taylorswift13: as of November 2022, Taylor Swift, owns the seventh most followed Twitter page, with a total number of 91.8 million followers.
- @ladygaga: Lady Gaga is a famous influencer on Twitter with 84.9 million followers as of November 2022. She joined Twitter in 2008.
- @narendramodi: The number of Twitter followers of Narendra Modi – the Prime Minister of India – is only around 500K lower than the number of Lady Gaga’s followers. His Twitter page was launched in 2009 and in November 2022, it had 84.4 million followers.
- @TheEllenShow: as of November 2022, Ellen Lee DeGeneres had 77 million Twitter followers. She is a famous American comedian, TV host, actress, writer, and producer who joined Twitter in 2008.
Twitter & Google Relationship Statistics
1. Twitter vs Google
Twitter is a social network via which people can communicate with each other and Google is a search engine that carries out web searches.
2. Is Twitter searchable by Google search engine 2022?
Yes, Twitter has a high rank on Google search engine and because of that, your Twitter account shows up in Google SERPs if a person searches it.
3. How do I get my Twitter to show up on Google 2022?
- Choose a Twitter username which matches your brand as much as possible
- Add keywords in your Twitter bio
- Remember to use keywords in your tweets
- It’s better to add location in your Twitter bio
- Add location in your tweets
- Add your website link in your Twitter profile
- Add a link in your profile to your website.