LinkedIn is a professional and influential social network for connecting with business owners, professionals, and colleagues. After joining the LinkedIn platform, you can get in touch with many professionals. Sometimes, after communicating with someone on LinkedIn, you realize that you don’t want to continue connecting and knowing about their status and posts. In this article, we’ll teach you how to unfollow LinkedIn connections.
What are LinkedIn connections?
In today’s world, success in any business is impossible without proper connections. These professional relationships can be made with customers, colleagues, sellers, employers, etc.
As the largest forum of professionals, LinkedIn has a fantastic potential to enhance your business relationships worldwide. Connections on LinkedIn will be helpful on the condition that you can use this platform in a principled manner and by LinkedIn standards.
Now some may not even know what connections are on LinkedIn.
After becoming a member of LinkedIn, according to the information each user brings in her or his profile, she or he will have a network of people called LinkedIn connections.
As mentioned on LinkedIn, this network is divided into three types of connections and several subsets, which consist of 1st-degree, 2nd-degree, and 3rd-degree connections.
If you want to learn more about the different types of LinkedIn connections, read our other articles titled What Does 2nd Degree Connection Mean on LinkedIn? and What Does 3rd Mean on LinkedIn?
Once a LinkedIn user becomes one of your connections, you start following them and their activity automatically. As such, you can take a look at their posts in your feed.
How do you unfollow LinkedIn connections from the desktop and the LinkedIn mobile app?
If you no longer want to see new content posted or shared by your connections in your feed, you can unfollow or remove them in the fastest way.
But you may say this work is time-consuming or a tad difficult. The good news is that you can easily remove your LinkedIn connections.
So follow the below steps to unfollow your connections on the LinkedIn website.
1. After logging in to your LinkedIn account, click on Network in the main menu.
2. Click the Connections button on the top of the page that opens.
3. On this page, you can select the individuals you want to remove from your professional connections.
It should be noted that to find people quickly🚆, you can search for the person’s name on the page or run this command (Ctrl + F). Of course, LinkedIn itself has separated persons by the first letter of their last name, which makes your job more convenient.
4. After selecting the person or people you want to unfollow, click on the three dots on the top right and then tap the Remove Connection button.
5. Well, nothing else! LinkedIn asks if you’re sure to do this or not. After endorsement, the chosen person or persons will be removed from your connections list so simply and so quickly🚆.
To unfollow someone from the LinkedIn mobile app, follow these three prompt steps:
- 1. Open the LinkedIn app.
- 2. Click on the three dots icon.
- 3. Select the Unfollow button from the drop-down menu.
By unfollowing her or him, you’ll no longer see her or his posts in your feed. So effortlessly!
You might be saying to yourself that it’s so straightforward and you don’t need to read the article at all, but I hope this article will be useful to a few people as you learn how to unfollow LinkedIn connections.