LinkedIn is a professional and influential social network for connecting with business owners, professionals, and colleagues. After joining the LinkedIn platform, you can get in touch with many professionals. Sometimes, after communicating with someone on LinkedIn, you realize that you don’t want to continue connecting and knowing about their status and posts. In this article, we’ll teach you how to unfollow LinkedIn connections.
To unfollow a LinkedIn connection, go to their profile and click the three dots next to the "Connect" button. Then select "Unfollow [name]" from the dropdown menu. This will stop their updates from appearing in your feed, but you will still remain connected to them.
What are LinkedIn connections?
In today’s world, success in any business is impossible without proper connections. These professional relationships can be made with customers, colleagues, sellers, employers, etc.
As the largest forum of professionals, LinkedIn has a fantastic potential to enhance your business relationships worldwide. Connections on LinkedIn will be helpful on the condition that you can use this platform in a principled manner and by LinkedIn standards.
Now some may not even know what connections are on LinkedIn.
Once a LinkedIn user becomes one of your connections, you start following them and their activity automatically. As such, you can take a look at their posts in your feed.
How do you unfollow LinkedIn connections from the desktop and the LinkedIn mobile app?
If you no longer want to see new content posted or shared by your connections in your feed, you can unfollow or remove them in the fastest way.
But you may say this work is time-consuming or a tad difficult. The good news is that you can easily remove your LinkedIn connections.
So follow the below steps to unfollow your connections on the LinkedIn website.
1. After logging in to your LinkedIn account, click on Network in the main menu.
2. Click the Connections button on the top of the page that opens.
3. On this page, you can select the individuals you want to remove from your professional connections.
It should be noted that to find people quickly, you can search for the person’s name on the page or run this command (Ctrl + F). Of course, LinkedIn itself has separated persons by the first letter of their last name, which makes your job more convenient.
4. After selecting the person or people you want to unfollow, click on the three dots on the top right and then tap the Remove Connection button.
5. Well, nothing else! LinkedIn asks if you’re sure to do this or not. After endorsement, the chosen person or persons will be removed from your connections list so simply and so quickly.
To unfollow someone from the LinkedIn mobile app, follow these three prompt steps:
- 1. Open the LinkedIn app.
- 2. Click on the three dots icon.
- 3. Select the Unfollow button from the drop-down menu.
By unfollowing her or him, you’ll no longer see her or his posts in your feed. So effortlessly!
Related Questions & Answers
LinkedIn Unfollow vs Remove Connection
On LinkedIn, “unfollow” and “remove connection” are two distinct actions. “Unfollow” means you will no longer see updates from the person you unfollowed in your LinkedIn feed, but you will still remain connected with them. It’s a way to control the content you see without severing the connection entirely. On the other hand, “remove connection” means you are cutting off the connection with that person, removing them from your network and losing access to their updates and activities. Removing a connection is more definitive and is typically done when you no longer wish to maintain a professional relationship with that person. It’s important to consider the impact of each action and choose the appropriate option based on your preferences and the nature of your relationship with the individual.
Mass Uunfollow LinkedIn
Mass unfollowing on LinkedIn refers to the action of unfollowing multiple connections or individuals at once. While LinkedIn does not provide a built-in feature for mass unfollowing, there are third-party tools and browser extensions available that can assist with this task. These tools typically allow you to select multiple connections or individuals and unfollow them in bulk, saving you time and effort. It’s important to use these tools cautiously and consider the potential impact on your network and professional relationships. Prioritize maintaining meaningful connections and ensure that mass unfollowing aligns with your networking and professional goals on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Unfollow Notification
LinkedIn does not send notifications when someone unfollows you on the platform. Unlike other social media platforms, LinkedIn focuses more on professional connections and networking rather than the specific actions of following or unfollowing. This means that if someone decides to unfollow your updates or posts on LinkedIn, you will not receive any direct notification about it. However, they may still remain connected with you as a connection on LinkedIn unless they choose to remove the connection altogether. Remember that LinkedIn’s primary emphasis is on fostering professional relationships and sharing valuable content, rather than tracking individual followers or unfollowers.
You might be saying to yourself that it’s so straightforward and you don’t need to read the article at all, but I hope this article will be useful to a few people as you learn how to unfollow LinkedIn connections.
How do I unfollow all my connections on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn doesn’t offer a built-in feature to mass unfollow all your connections at once. To unfollow connections:
- Go to a Connection’s Profile: Navigate to the profile of the connection you wish to unfollow.
- Unfollow Option: Hover over the “More” button (often represented as three dots or similar) on their profile. From the dropdown, select “Unfollow.”
Repeat this process for each connection you want to unfollow. Remember, unfollowing someone means you won’t see their updates in your feed, but you’ll still remain connected, allowing you to see each other’s full profiles and interact.
What is the difference between remove connection and unfollow in LinkedIn?
- Remove Connection: When you remove a connection, you sever the professional relationship you have with that person on LinkedIn. Both of you will no longer be first-degree connections, which means you’ll lose special access privileges like viewing detailed profile information or sending direct messages without InMail credits.
- Unfollow: Unfollowing a connection means you won’t see their updates, posts, or activity in your feed. However, the professional relationship remains intact; you’ll still be first-degree connections and retain the associated privileges.
“remove connection” breaks the direct link with someone, while “unfollow” just stops showing their activity in your feed without ending the connection.
How do I unfollow someone on LinkedIn without going to their profile?
To unfollow someone on LinkedIn without visiting their full profile:
- News Feed: Go to your LinkedIn home page where you see updates and posts from your connections.
- Locate the Post: Find a post from the person you want to unfollow.
- Unfollow Option: On the top right corner of the post, click on the three dots (or similar icon) to open a dropdown menu. From this menu, select “Unfollow.”
By doing this, you’ll stop seeing their posts in your feed, but you’ll remain connected and can still view their profile and interact directly if needed.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.