Connections are a key element in being successful on LinkedIn. Since this platform is a job-oriented one, it is proven that people with more contacts usually find jobs easier. You know what I’m talking about, right? That is why a lot of us try to expand our network as much as possible (the maximum is 30,000 first-degree connections).
Why can’t I connect with someone on LinkedIn?
Think that you are viewing a profile and decide to make a personal connection. In that case, you need to click on the connect button, but there is nothing there! This can be frustrating but why does this happen? There can be some reasons why this happened, like:
- The account is private
- Your account’s primary email is not confirmed yet
- The user is already in your first connections
- You’ve sent them an invitation before and they didn’t accept it yet
The options below are the suggested ways that you can use to connect with these people.
- InMails. You have some InMail credit depending on your account type and according to the statistics, the response rate of InMails is much higher than regular cold emails.
- Follow them instead of contacting them. You will then get in their notifications and they will notice, they might even want to contact you.
- View their profile to make them notice you. Most people don’t mind viewing the profile of those who appear in their notifications section.
- Join a LinkedIn group your target is in. You’ll then be able to message them without being connected.
- Another way to ensure that you will appear in the notifications of your prospect is to react and comment on their posts.
The importance of connection request
Connection requests are things that the members can send to other members and invite them to connect. Of course, you need to know that many leads don’t accept these invitations from strangers, but many of them view the profile of the user who sent the request, and who knows what might attract their attention. So it is better to optimize your profile in the best way possible.
You just got the answer to why can’t I connect with someone and we provided you with some ways to solve this problem. If you think connecting with that person is necessary, use these ways and make them notice you.