YouTube digital marketing can be used to showcase your companies’ services and products worldwide.
SMEs (Small and Medium-sized Enterprises) can improve faster and brands can beat their competitors if they make the most of YouTube network by creating innovative, appealing, and trend videos, publishing videos on the best time of the week, using the latest YouTube lead generation techniques, making the most of YouTube ads, etc.
Optimizing your YouTube marketing strategies is possible only if you are aware of the latest YouTube stats to know what points need more focus and what are less important today!
YouTube statistics 2022 are stated here from A to Z. Click any of the subtitles below you like to enter upon it directly.
- YouTube History Stats
- YouTube Worth Stats
- YouTube Financial Data & Stats
- YouTubers Statistics
- YouTube Channel Statistics
- Demographics of YouTube users
- YouTube Ads Stats/YouTube Marketing Statistics
- YouTube Partner Program Statistics
- YouTube Video Statistics
YouTube History Stats
1. What type of company is YouTube?
Online video platform and social media
2. YouTube URL link
3. Who is the creator of YouTube?
4. When was YouTube launched?
February 14, 2005
5. Who is the owner of YouTube in 2022?
Google (now named Alphabet) is the owner of YouTube in 2022.
6. When did Google buy YouTube?
Oct. 9, 2006
7. Who is the CEO of YouTube 2022?
8. YouTube headquarter
San Bruno, California, United States
9. How many YouTube offices are there in the world?
YouTube has 10 offices worldwide
10. How many employees are working in YouTube 2022?
Around 2800 employees are working in YouTube Company as of 2022
11. YouTube logo
YouTube Worth Stats
1. What is the total worth of YouTube 2022?
Google purchased YouTube for US $1.6 billion in 2006 and the experts estimate YouTube to be worth at least US $160 billion in 2022! (Looxcie)
Even some others believe it is worth over US $180 billion!
In 2021, VentureBeat evaluated YouTube to be worth around US $140 to US $ 300 billion!
What a great jump from $1.6 billion in 2006 to at least $140 in the 2020s!
1. What is the most popular social media platform 2022 based on the number of monthly active users?
As shown in the diagram below, YouTube is the second social media by several monthly active users (MAUs) after Facebook.
Facebook MAUs stand at 2,910 million (348 million more than YouTube) while it is 2,562 million for YouTube.
2. What is YouTube’s ranking among top social media companies by revenue 2022?
As you can see below, YouTube is the second social media with the highest annual revenue in 2022, after Facebook. You can see the other competitors of YouTube and Facebook in the diagram below.
3. YouTube market penetration worldwide
The picture below shows that YouTube has reached the highest global active usage penetration (62%) as of Feb 2021 according to Statista.
YouTube Financial Stats
1. YouTube annual revenue from 2010 to 2021
YouTube’s annual revenue increased every year from 2010 to 202.
A simple calculation shows that YouTube revenue increased 36 times from 2010 to 2021!
2. YouTube quarterly revenue Q1 2020 to Q1 2022
The diagram below shows that YouTube revenue in Q1 2022 was 6,869 million US dollars, which increased to 7,340 million dollars in Q2 2022.
Then it declined to 7071 million dollars in Q3 2022.
In these 11 quarters from the start of 2020 to the end of Q3 2022, the YouTube revenue was always increasing, except in Q2 2020, Q1 2021, Q1 2022, and Q3 2022.
3. The highest YouTube quarterly revenue
YouTube had the highest quarterly revenue in the fourth quarter of 2021, US $ 8633 million.
1. What does a YouTuber mean?
Merriam-Webster defines YouTuber as “a person who creates and uploads videos on the YouTube online video-sharing service”. The YouTubers’ videos can be educational, political, scientific, or just entertaining, any genre they like!
If YouTubers expand their activities, they can even earn money and use YouTube as a monetization channel!
2. Which YouTuber made the most money in 2021 – top 5?
Around 54 million US dollars was the revenue of MrBeast (Jimmy Donaldson) from YouTube in 2021, which was 9 million more than the revenue of Jake Paul – the second person who made the most money from YouTube!
Markiplier, Rhett and Link, and Unspeakable are in the third to fifth place, each one with a revenue of respectively 38, 30, and 28.5 million dollars in 2021.
3. YouTube influencer marketing statistics
YouTube is the second top social media for influencer marketing. Number one is Instagram.
YouTube Channel Statistics
1. What is a YouTube channel?
However if you do not have a YouTube channel, you can still watch and like videos and subscribe to channels with your Google Account.
2. How many channels are there on YouTube 2022?
As of 2022, YouTube has over 51 million channels worldwide.
3. What are the most subscribed YouTube channels 2022?
India has the most number of YouTube users worldwide so it is expected that the most subscribed YouTube channel be an Indian one!
The chart below shows the 10 top most subscribed YouTube channels as of December 2022, starting from T-Series with 230 million subscribers ending to Gaming channel with 93.2 million subscribers.
You can read more about the 10 most subscribed YouTube channels of the chart above in the list below:
T-Series: aforementioned, this is the largest Music Label & Movie Studio in India with 230 million YouTube subscribers worldwide as of December 2022.
YouTube Movies: as of December 2022, the YouTube Movies channel has approximately 158 million YouTube followers.
Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes: this American YouTube channel and streaming media, “specializes in 3D animation videos of both traditional nursery rhymes and their own original children’s songs”, as mentioned in Wikipedia.
Music: Music channel on YouTube has 117 million subscribers from the entire globe as of December 2022.
MrBeast: 114 million people have subscribed to Jimmy Donaldson YouTube page that is famous as “MrBeast” worldwide. He is the pioneer of a new genre of videos focusing on expensive stunts.
PewDiePie: in December 2022, Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg had 111 million subscribers worldwide. His Let’s Play and Comedic videos made this Swedish personality become a popular YouTuber.
Kids Diana Show: Eva Diana Kidisyuk as an Ukrainian YouTuber who was born in 2014 has 104 million subscribers in her YouTube channel. She specializes in roleplay-oriented children’s videos with the help of her parents and brother.
Like Nastya: Anastasia Sergeyevna Radzinskaya is a Russian kid, born in 2014. She manages her successful YouTube channel with the help of her parents and can grab the attention of 102 million subscribers by producing unique role-plays and stories for children.
Gaming: Top live games auto-generated by YouTube are shown in this channel, which has attracted 93.2 million persons to subscribe to this worldwide channel.
4. What are YouTube subscribers in channels?
The YouTube accounts following your YouTube channel are known as YouTube subscribers.
In other words, your YouTube channel’s subscribers are the same as followers in Instagram or connection/followers on LinkedIn.
5. What is a YouTube follower called?
They are the people that are following your YouTube channel.
Demographics stats of YouTube users
1. How many users are there on YouTube 2022?
In July 2022, YouTube had over 2.476 billion users from all corners of the world.
Roughly 122 million daily users!
2. YouTube annual users change from 2010 to 2021
As stated in the Social App Report, YouTube users increased every year from 2010 to 2021, starting from 0.2 billion in 2010 and ending to 2.5 billion users in 2021.
3. YouTube daily active users 2022
Approximately 122 million daily users in 2022!
4. YouTube users by gender 2022
Around 53.9% of YouTube users are male and approximately 46.1% of them are female.
5. YouTube users by age 2022
The diagram below shows that most of YouTube users age between 25 to 34, 507.1 million.
The adults between 35 to 44 are in the second group, 408.5 million.
Afterwards, 368.7 million of YouTube users are 18 to 24 followed by 293.2 million users 45 to 54.
Users over 64 years and 55 to 64 consist of the two last groups, each one respectively by 232 and 214.4 million users.
6. Which country has most YouTube users 2022?
India with 467 million users has the most YouTube audience in 2022.
7. YouTube users by country 2022 – top 10
As of April 2022, most of YouTube audiences were from India, 467 million!
The USA with 247 million YouTube users is in second place.
The number of YouTube users of the other countries are each less than 100 million, which can be seen in the diagram below.
YouTube Ads Stats/YouTube Marketing Statistics
1. What are the best social media platforms for marketing 2022?
2. What is YouTube’s ad revenue?
3. YouTube ads reach 2022
Wondering to know that according to Hootsuite, YouTube ads have the potential to reach:
- 1 in 3 people in the entire world, 2.56 billion users!
- over three-fourths of the people older than 18
- and over 90% of the adults in 14 countries
4. YouTube advertising audience male vs female 2022
Men aged between 25 and 34 are the largest group of YouTube ads audiences.
5. YouTube ads cost 2022
- a video with 1,000 views costs $10-$30
- a video with 100,000 views costs $1,000-$3,000
6. What company has the most YouTube ads in the US – 10 top?
As you can see, Apple Incorporation spent 237.15 million US dollars for YouTube ads in that period! The second company that paid 177.76 million US dollars was Disney.
It is worth mentioning that the third and fourth places relates to YouTube ads of respectively Donald J. Trump (146.29M US dollars) and Biden (115.76M US dollars) for the 2020 United States presidential election.
7. What percentage of Google revenue comes from YouTube’s ads?
As mentioned previously, YouTube is one of the companies owned by Google.
The chart below demonstrates that Google revenue coming from YouTube ads has been increasing every year from 2017 to 2021.
In 2017, 7.3% of Google revenue came from YouTube ads that increased to 11.2% in 2021.
8. Do YouTubers get ad revenue when you skip ads?
- Overlay ads (small ads at the bottom of a video): if the audience clicks the ad and expands it, the YouTuber is paid.
- Skippable ads (ads play before, during, or after YouTube videos that can be skipped after five seconds when the skip button is displayed by the viewer): if the audience watches the ad fully (at least 30 seconds), the YouTuber is paid.
YouTube Partner Program Statistics
- What is YouTube’s Partner Program?
“The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) gives creators greater access to YouTube resources and monetization features” (Google Support).
1. How to make money with YouTube Partner Program?
2. Is the YouTube Partner Program free?
YouTube Partner Program is free of charge and optional.
3. Who is eligible for YouTube Partner Program 2022?
- First of all, all YouTube monetization policies should be respected by the YouTuber
- The YouTuber should live in the countries where YPP is available.
- His/her page should have at least 4,000 valid video watch hours in the last 12 months
- It should have at least 1,000 subscribers
- The YouTuber should have a linked AdSense account.
4. How much can I make from YouTube partner program?
The more views and traffic that a YouTuber has on his channel, the more money he earns.
Many various issues influence the YouTuber monetization. However, around USD $18 is paid to the YouTuber for every 1000 views.
YouTube Video Statistics
1. How many videos are there on YouTube in total 2022?
Approximately 800 million!
2. How many videos are uploaded to YouTube a day in 2022?
Around 700,000 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every single day
3. Is there a limit to how long a video can be on YouTube?
- Non-verified accounts: up to 15 minutes
- Verified accounts: up to 12 minutes
You may see older videos on YouTube, which are longer than 12 hours because YouTube has changed this rule in the past.
4. Length of video on YouTube on average
minutes on average
5. Ideal length of a YouTube video
We recommended creating 6 to 8 minute videos for YouTube.
Remember that videos longer than 10 minutes increase the risk of stopping video watching.
6. How many videos can you upload to YouTube per day 2022?
Limits may vary based on:
- Channel history
- Copyright strikes
- Community Guidelines strikes
“Daily upload limit reached” means that you should try uploading your video on YouTube in 24 hours.
7. YouTube video file size limit 2022
YouTube videos can be 256 GB on max.
8. The standard aspect ratio for YouTube on computer
16:9 is the standard aspect ratio for YouTube video on computers.
How your video in other aspect ratios are displayed on YouTube?
Other aspect ratios will automatically be changed to the ideal size to match your video and the viewer’s device.
As pointed out in Google Support, “For some video and device aspects ratios like 9:16 vertical videos on computer browsers, YouTube may add more padding for optimal viewing. The padding is white by default, and dark gray when Dark theme is turned on”.
9. Is quality more important than quantity on YouTube?
The quality of the content you share on YouTube is more important than the quantity. We recommend you to upload one high quality video instead of three videos with low quality content.
Premium content of YouTube videos will improve:
- Number of views
- Watch time
- User engagement
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Number of subscribers