You have some successful projects and wouldn’t mind if you could showcase them? Did you know that you can add them to your profile👨💼? Yes, projects are now an official section of LinkedIn profiles👨💼. As you know, resumes are not enough👌. Just like❤️ in the discussions about the portfolio, recruiters and clients like❤️ to see👀 some results, not just the experiences you claim to have.
Do you have a successful or ongoing project? You have to show it to other people🧑🤝🧑. Don’t know how to add projects to LinkedIn? Just add it to the project section in your profile👨💼. Read this article📝 to understand how to do it exactly. But before that:
Why is it worth adding projects to your LinkedIn profile👨💼? Projects are one of the things that can demonstrate your skills🔧 and abilities with accurate data.
This can play a very strong💪 role in making the potential clients and recruiters trust you and your talents, skills🔧, and expertise.
LinkedIn is not just an online CV; you should use⚒️ every feature and section for self-branding. You can show off your best😎 outcomes in this section without making it seem like❤️ bragging.
Some might wonder what kind of projects they should add to their profile👨💼? There is actually no exact rule.
However, it is better to add the ones that are attached to at least one experience you had in some way.
You can add the name and the project’s URL, and you can even add the company🏭 you’ve operated the project for or the people🧑🤝🧑 who you co-created the project with.
One of the most important🖋️ parts that usually get neglected in adding projects to LinkedIn is the description part. It is essential 🖋️ to tell🗣️ people🧑🤝🧑 what the project is and try to encourage them to click🖱️ on that URL.
Still confused about what to add as projects? As I mentioned above, all you need to consider is to try and add the projects that are somehow attached to a position you once had or have right now.
But let me give you some ideas:
You can add webinars, workshops, published papers, case studies, reports, presentations, and lectures that you had, the events you’ve hosted or organized, and your own website or products you’ve created.
Aren’t you convinced yet and want to know the benefits of adding projects to LinkedIn? a project:
- Demonstrates your engagement with different issues.
- Shows your teamwork abilities (if you add some colleagues).
- Demonstrates your expertise in the positions you had.
- Increases your chance of appearing in the search🔍 results if you’ve chosen the right keywords in the project’s name and description.
- If the project URL is from your own website, it will increase📈 your website views.
- If the project relates to your own company🏭, you are telling your profile👨💼 viewers what exactly your company🏭 does.
- If you have a complete LinkedIn profile👨💼, hence you have a much better chance of being offered a good👌 job on LinkedIn.
How to add projects to LinkedIn?
It is so easy to add a project to your LinkedIn.
- Just log into your account and open your profile👨💼.
- Click🖱️ on the “add profile👨💼 section” button under the intro part,
- and click🖱️ on “additional” in the pop-out window.
- Select “add projects”, and enter the project’s name (it is suggested to include the keywords you want people🧑🤝🧑 to find🔍 you within the project’s name).
- Check the “I’m currently working on this project” box if it is still going on.
- Enter the start🏁 and the end date if it is done.
- You had/have colleagues in the project? Add them and provide a URL so that the viewers can click🖱️ on it and get directed to the project website. Don’t forget the description. Please use⚒️ the project’s related keywords in it and talk🗣️ about what you did and what your role was in the project. Using⚒️ the third person point of view is not suggested.
Now you know how to add projects to LinkedIn and you know the benefits of doing so. What are you waiting for then? Show the world🗺️ what you can do with proven data.