Communication and engagement are the main pillars of any human society, whether it is a real one or virtual. Commenting on different posts is one of the main ways of communicating on LinkedIn and messaging. And, of course, we always say to try and make your posts so engaging to encourage people to comment on them because it is one of the best ways to get more and more views.
Because when one of your connections or followers comments on a post, it gets to their connections’ feed, and if your second-degree connections also like them or comment on them, this domino goes on and on, and who knows, you might even get viral! But still, sometimes, it seems necessary to know how to turn off comments on LinkedIn.
To turn off comments on your LinkedIn Company Page, click on the "Admin tools" dropdown menu on the top right corner of the page and select "Page settings. Then, click on "Community" and toggle the switch next to "Allow members to comment on posts" to the off position. This will disable comments on all future posts made by the company page. Note that this setting can only be changed by a page admin.
Yes, inappropriate people are everywhere, even on a professional platform like LinkedIn. So let’s see what we can do about it.
How to turn off comments on LinkedIn?
Seems like they are always lurking around to find someone to blow some steam off. I mean, these people were always around us. You know that rude kid who constantly bullied smaller and weaker students, right? Let’s hope you were not that bully kid.
What I am trying to say is that these people were always around and will always be. It’s their instinct to hurt people by attacking them, whether physical or just by words, and the initial solution is to turn off the comments of a post on your page.
Don’t do this for every post since comments are a perfect way for your brand to be seen and people to ask questions about your business but you can close the comment section for some posts you think people might attack you for.
Of course, this happens to those personal accounts more, but thankfully you have full control over your posts on LinkedIn, whether a personal or business account. You can define who sees the post, who can comment on it, and add hashtags, videos, photos, etc.
To turn off comments on a LinkedIn company page, you need to click on the button that says ‘Anyone’ at the bottom of the pop-up window while you are posting content on your company page.
You will be redirected to another pop-up asking who can comment on your posts, where you have two options: anyone and no one. Select no one to turn the comment section off and click save.
You can see that your post has no comment section when you publish it. Remember that you cannot edit this option after you publish the post. All you can do is edit the content or the hashtags, or if you want to turn on the comments, you have to remove the post and publish it again.
Related Questions & Answers
How Can I Stop Linkedin from Showing my Likes and Comments on my Followers’ Feed
To stop LinkedIn from showing your likes and comments on your followers’ feed, you can adjust your activity broadcast settings. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner to access the drop-down menu.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” from the options.
- In the “Settings” tab, click on “Visibility” in the left-hand menu.
- Look for the “Manage your activity broadcasts” section and click on it.
- Toggle off the switch for “Share job changes, education changes, and work anniversaries from profile” or any other specific activity you want to hide.
- Click “Save” to apply the changes. By adjusting your activity broadcast settings, you can control what LinkedIn shares on your followers’ feed and maintain a level of privacy regarding your likes and comments.
Why Can’t I See Comments on Linkedin
If you are unable to see comments on LinkedIn, there could be a few reasons for this. Firstly, it’s possible that the post or comment thread may have been deleted by the user or the LinkedIn platform itself due to violations of community guidelines or inappropriate content. Additionally, if the post or comments are restricted to a specific audience, such as connections only or members of a certain group, you may not be able to view them if you do not meet the required criteria. Lastly, if there are technical issues or glitches on the LinkedIn platform, it could temporarily affect the visibility of comments. In such cases, refreshing the page or checking back later may resolve the issue.
Annoying people are everywhere, and you cannot delete them from society. They might attack you for any kind of reason. Whether you are posting content they don’t like or just because they had a bad day.
The most tangible example is those people who used to attack anyone who posted something good about Covid vaccination. So now that you know how to turn off comments on the LinkedIn company page, if you think your post is going to attract this kind of people, turn this section off, no need to face them when you have this option.
How do I turn off comments on a business page?
- Navigate to the Post: Go to the specific post on your business page where you want to manage comments.
- Manage Options: Click on the options menu (typically represented by three dots or a similar icon) associated with the post. From the dropdown, you may see an option to “Disable comments” or similar phrasing.
- Select: Click on that option to turn off comments for that specific post.
Remember, this action will need to be repeated for each post where you want to disable comments, and the available options might vary based on the platform you’re using. Always refer to the platform’s help center or documentation for the most current information.
How do I turn off comment section on LinkedIn?
On LinkedIn, you can disable comments on individual posts, but you can’t turn off the comment section universally for all posts. Here’s how to manage comments on a specific post:
- Find the Post: Navigate to the post you’ve shared on LinkedIn where you wish to disable comments.
- More Options: Click on the three dots (or similar icon) at the top right corner of your post to open a dropdown menu.
- Disable Comments: From the dropdown options, choose “Disable comments.”
By selecting this, other users won’t be able to comment on that specific post. However, you’ll need to do this for each post where you want comments turned off.
Can you turn off LinkedIn ad comments?
Advertisers on LinkedIn can’t entirely turn off comments on sponsored content or ads. However, they can actively monitor and manually hide or delete comments on a specific ad:
- Ad Monitoring: Go to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager and access the sponsored content you wish to monitor.
- Review Comments: From there, you can view comments made on your ad. If there’s a comment you find inappropriate or not aligned with your brand, you can manually hide or delete it.
It’s important for advertisers to routinely check and manage the engagement on their ads to ensure the discussion aligns with their brand values and message.
Can a company page comment on LinkedIn?
Yes, a company page on LinkedIn can comment on posts.
- Accessing as Admin: Ensure you’re logged in as an admin of the company page.
- Engaging with Content: Navigate to the specific post you want to engage with. Using the company page’s account, you can comment on the post as the company, rather than as your individual profile.
This allows businesses to interact directly with users, participate in discussions, or provide additional context or information related to posts they are mentioned in or find relevant.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.